Studio 2.3.1 - lost 'looks'

I updated studio to 2.3.1 today and, whilst it seems to have picked up my old ‘looks’, it has lost the ones that came with TS2. I can see them in (mac) my finder but I cannot recall how to ‘point’ TS2 in the right direction to pick them all up…?

Just done a copy and paste to various locations, restarted Topaz and hey presto…I’m beginning to lose track of where the heck TS2 is pointing to, but this latest update (2.3.1) seems to have gone away from the (relatively recent) Topaz LLC folder (and its sub-folders) back to the (only slightly older) Topaz Studio 2 folder - just incase anyone else is getting lost with the same hitch.

Some users got restrictive permissions set on their install folders during the 2.3.0 update,

You can either delete these folders as shown next, or use the Permissions Utility linked below to fix this:

Ok, please delete these 3 folders and run the 2.3.1 Installer again:

Default Installation Folder:
/Applications/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Studio 2/

1. hold down CMD + SHIFT + G in a Finder window to open the Go To Panel
  2. Paste /Applications/Topaz Labs LLC/ in the path field
  3. Right click → Move to Trash the Topaz Studio 2 Folder

Default Resource Folder:
HOME/Library/Application Support/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Studio 2

2. Paste ~/Library/Application Support/Topaz Labs LLC/ in the path field
  3. Right click → Move to Trash the Topaz Studio 2 Folder

Default Custom Resource Folder:
HOME/Topaz Labs LLC

2. Paste ~/ in the path field
  3. Right click → Move to Trash the Topaz Labs LLC folder

These folders have restrictive permissions preventing the installer from writing to them. Deleting them should fix this issue.

If this does not work, you can run this Permissions Utility to adjust your folder permissions and run the 2.3.1 installer again.

1. Download Permissions Utility
  2. Hold down CTRL and click it
  3. Select open from the context menu
  4. Select open from the Dialog that comes up,
  5. Select “Yes, I’m ready”
  6. Run the 2.3.1 Installer again

Thank you for the well intended reply. I followed your detailed advice. Upon restarting Topaz I now no longer have my old colour themes, looks, presets etc, and the default ones are in some weird order.

So, I think I’m now in a worse position than I started with. Not what you intended, I’m sure, but oh my, in the current circumstances of Topaz, it hasn’t helped!

My guess is that Topaz is still not looking in the ‘Custom Resource Folder’ ?

1 Like

We can go get them out of your trash. Just don’t empty your trash :slight_smile: Start a ticket in the help center and I’ll connect to you on TeamViewer and help you out.

Just ask for your ticket to be forwarded to Ashley, and that I requested you do so on the tech support forums.

Thanks Ashley, much appreciated. I retrieved my presets etc and pasted them back to the “Custom Resource Folder” that was set by the installer. However, on running Topaz they have not shown up so my guess is that Topaz isn’t looking there?

If its something more than that then I shall (very) gladly take you up on the offer. :))

For any of you guys watching this chain: I just had the most fantastic help from Ashley in Tech Support. If this is a measure of future support from Topaz, though hopefully unnecessary you can never tell with macOS (and others, I guess), then I can only be pleased with the direction of travel!

Thanks Ashley for stepping, for being so prompt to turn this around, and for the technical proficiency. Luv it!

1 Like