Still getting Magenta (or Green) spots and huge colour temp shift

I’m still getting bright magenta (or in other case bright green) spots on some files being output by TopazPhotoAI 1.3.3 on macOS (M1 Ultra Mac Studio). If I fiddle around enough to manually change some of the settings I can get the magenta to go away, but as a user I shouldn’t have to compromise the settings just to avoid an issue like this. Also, this is just the straight autopilot settings on this photo. As has also previously been reported many times over many versions, I still also see a huge shift in the colour temperatures of files returned to Lightroom Classic where they become significantly warmer.

2023-05-10-11-30-26.tzlog (257.0 KB)

Both Adobe and DxO have the same Problem with its A.I. Denoised DNG files, it seems like its normal after the files have changed in detail, bc of the denoising process.

Maybe it will change here in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out. Please send the following information so I can try to reproduce the color shift.

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

We are updating the Raw Remove Noise model to prevent this artifact this quarter. We have started setting up training for the new model to improve it and remove artifacts like this one that has been reported.

As you said, the current workaround for this artifact is to increase the strength by 5-10.

Lingyu,

Sorry for the late reply. I have just uploaded a folder with both my original .ARW file as well as the DNG output that shows the magenta and colour shift.

Thank you very much for your response and confirmation of a temporary fix for the magenta artifact. I look forward to future updates that may be able to address that. :smile:

Brock

Thanks for sending the files over. I was able to reproduce the color shift and shared it with my team to review.

We are gathering the color shift issues and prioritizing them based on popularity of the camera so we can fix the most important ones together.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.