Sometimes Combining Two Adjacent Images Makes A Difference

First image of caribou has essentially no background so I combined it with the image taken about 90 degrees from the first one.

11 Likes

Two very nice images and the combination works very well!

There is a lot of blue outlining of the caribou which is even more noticeable when you combined the two images. And the other thing I would consider is slightly blurring the background photo.

It looks like you had a beautiful sunny day - was that at Denali National Park?

2 Likes

Makes a big difference …nicely done.

1 Like

Great job and a much better image composition. Ken may have a nice idea about blurring the bkgd image just a touch?

1 Like

Great job compositing.

Thanks @KenKv, @BobKramer, @cre8art and @Kathy_9. Ken, I really appreciate your suggestions - I had completely missed the blue edge and hope I got most of it in this new version, which also has a very small amount of blur added.

5 Likes

The new version looks very nice! The animal look very good and the blur worked very well. There is just a little artifact remaining on the left at the border between the vegetation and the mountain.

1 Like

great eye, and thanks very much

2 Likes

Love the finished product Flick. One thing which I have found useful when combining two or more images is to put it through Restyle - using a very benign colourway it helps to blend the two images together which I think gives a little more veritas.

1 Like

Great job on this one. You did very well.

1 Like

agreed!

1 Like

Thanks very much @AngieD, @digital2006 and @Laundromat - glad you liked the image, and many thanks Angie for mentioning Restyle as I tend to forget that you can do many things with that program other than just change colors.

1 Like