Soft grid after sharpening and denoise in exported DNG file

After exporting a sharpened and denoised photo, the DNG file has some kind of big grid with slightly different colour.

Opened the photo from Lightroom Classic via the Topaz-Plugin.
First I thought it’s just a Display Error and closed both, Lightroom and Topaz but when I opened the DNG-File in Photoshop, the grid was still there.

Ist there a solution for this problem? I’M now using Topaz for about 1 month but never had this problem.

Topaz Photo AI v2.4.0 on Mac

I’m having the same problem. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements. Starting with importing a RAW (CR2 or CR3) file, I use the Topaz Photo AI PlugIn. I get a grid of slightly darker squares throughout the output image. Note that I tried importing the RAW file directly using Photo AI, and exporting it from there, to a JPEG, and got the grid artifacts that way also, so it’s not something introduced by Elements.
Unlike the similar problem from Denoise AI a few years ago, this one appears to occur using GPU processing and CPU processing.
Please resolve this problem. It is making an otherwise good product virtually unusable.

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Same here… Mosaic “tiles” visible on export to DNG.

I know this was a problem about 12 months ago, not certain if this is the same issue (did it ever get resolved?) or if it has come round again.

Using LrC
Select a CR2 RAW file
File >Plug in extras>Prices with Topaz Photo AI
Denoise with (RAW Normal) and sharpen (with Standard)
Save and return to LrC
The newly created DNG file has the “mosaic” tiles visible as does any exported .jpg etc
(increasing contrast slider really shows them up)

Using MacBook Pro M2 Max, 32GB, 12 Core, Sonoma 14.4
Topaz Photo AI 2.4.1
(an supply RAW file, screenshot, system info, log file, last session file (if required and dropbox link sent to me)

Hello John,

even after updating to V3.0 the problem with the grid still exists.
I found out, that the problem mostly appears on photos taken in foggy conditions and I think it has to do with RAW-Denoising because when I change the setting from normal to strong the grid is gone, but the results on strong denoising are not as good as the normal ones (except the grid of course).
I really hope that the software developers find a solution for this problem soon, because for a lot of my RAW images are not editable in Topaz.

Best regards
Roman

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.