Sharpen AI v3.3

It’s also at the top of this thread.

Yes, that’s what I said…

I mentioned 2 spots besides the “Downloads” page.

I’m on a Windows 10 machine and Sharpen Ai works just fine. Also if it didn’t work there would be hundreds of complaints so there is a problem with your machine or maybe with something in your settings.

1 Like

This software has issues of inconsistency. Just look at the number of fixes that are revealed in each version. This has to improve. My 3.3.3 fails in several ways on two very nice PCs.

2 Likes

Why would one need to go to a forum to learn about update availability and download it?

2 Likes

Anthony, the 3.3.4 update is not available within the 3.3.3 app. Neither automatically or checking for update. Windows 10 OS.

Ditto on Intel Mac OS Monterey.

There is no Model Manager. How is the change listed regarding it possible, then? I see no “Advanced” or any evidence of a model manager at all.

Now, that being said, THANK YOU. This fix of the odd mode designations is very nice.

1 Like

3.3.4 in comparison view if I select one of the panels and change the model in that panel then the label goes crazy with it very, very quickly alternating with message: Updating and Not Loading (so quickly I can hardly read it). And at the same time in the bottom right corner the Cancel processing button is flashing very quickly too. I have to kill Sharpen AI to get out of this berserk behavior.

My recollection is that in 3.3.3 there was a model manager in Preferences. In 3.3.4 that has disappeared.

Are there really no free updates? I just purchased and it is saying I do not qualify for very minor update. TF?

Great software in so many results. Bravo Topaz. Get the bugs out and you’re off the planet in excellence.

Windows 11 works fine also.

If what you’re seeing is a msg box saying you’re on trial, did you try entering your login info as a 1st resort? Sometimes there are “quirks” and that msg comes up even if you’re a valid, paid up subscriber. Perhaps try that 1st if your acct page shows a correct subscription expiration date.

Did you check with Support vs in this user forum? Something may not have recorded right if you just purchased. Typically you get a year’s worth of updates for the specific product(s) you’ve purchased. You might want to follow-up and open a support ticket.

Good luck.

Ivan,

Did you not get in-app update alerts?

I always get them…

And, every couple months I go to the Downloads page to see if there are newer versions (with more or diff. features) listed relative to the versions I have installed.

I wasn’t pampered growing up so guess it was drilled into me to be proactive. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is very cool! Thx for posting it. I’m keeping a pointer to it for reference…

I appears that model preferences hs been removed from v3.3.4 .

2 Likes

I uninstalled 3.3.4 and also deleted the Sharpen AI folders in my Windows AppData folder that were left hanging around. Then I reinstalled 3.3.4, but the berserk behavior is still there. :frowning: Over the last few months I have seen other people report this or similar bugs for earlier versions, but it never hit me until 3.3.4.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.3.4

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce MX250/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 471.41

CPU RAM: 32574 MB

Video RAM: 2048 MB

Preview Limit: 4258 Pixels

Uninstalled old version and installed the new version. The new version just crashes. The window doesn’t even stay up longer than a second. v3.3.4

Go out of Lightroom and launch the standalone and sign in. Then the within-LR app usually works.