Sharpen AI v3.2

Went all the way back to SAI 3.1.0 x64 and NVIDIA 462.31 to get it to work again. I won’t upgrade again until someone days NVIDIA and SAI are bug-free together. Too much wasted time trying to work it

1 Like

It seems to work now. Next time I’ll follow your suggestion. Thanks

1 Like

What I meant by left-right is that when I go to save, the “Processing” bar highlight just moves to ends of the bar but never executes. I was using stand-alone.
Rollbacks working fine so far - I batched 100 images last night

Installed version 3.2.2 today as requested by the software on a macbook pro up to date.
Sharpen AI is now very very slow, I must say unusable…

A solution?

Kind regards,

opouštím topaz, náročný, nefunkční, stále opravy a laborování, můj drahocený čas a peníze jsou pryč, lepší konkurence nenáročná na SW a vždy funkční za menší peníz

I probably shouldn’t ask… But which alternative image sharpening product is it you say you prefer?

proč by jsi se neměl ptát? Žádné tajnosti
odkaz na mé foto

toto mám rád a prosím o prozkoumání, mohu ovlivňovat výsledek- zakoupil jsem
ON1 NoNoise AI 2021
trochu agresívní, ale funguje na jeden klik- bez nějakých grafických karet , atd- zakoupil jsem. nevím zda překladač bude řádně fungovat, ale všude jsou trial verze- zkus a napiš jak jsi spokojen. NEK

Yes, I did give ON1 NoNoise AI 2021 a trial run. But I compared it to Topaz DeNoise AI and not to Topaz Sharpen AI - which is the focus (see what I did there…) of this discussion thread.

I tested the initial release of NoNoise AI and I was quite disappointed after all their marketing hype. In my opinion, the Topaz alternative works better for my processing needs. Certainly relative to the initial release of the ON1 product vs this Topaz Sharpen AI release.

There are a number of Topaz users in this forum who use DxO for their processing (together with Topaz products). I don’t use a DxO host (I am a Photoshop bigot) but I do use the Nik products DxO acquired.

My biggest complaint (generally & consistently) with Topaz Sharpen AI (including v. 3.2) is the slowness (on my system) of the processing. The other products in the Topaz AI suite regularly process faster than Sharpen AI does on my PC.

Thank you for the info.

1 Like

I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max Q Design.
I updated the driver to Studio 472.12 9/20/2021.
I just upgraded to Sharpen AI 3.2.2.
Installation was smooth, and all models now run without issue with GPU High.
Performance is very good.
Finally!

3 Likes

Thanks. Speed aside, how about halos or other artifacts in GPU mode (compared to CPU mode)?

také jsem fanatik photoshop a nik, ale zkusil jsem první úpravu v DXO, ON1- převod do DNG - porovnat- šum, ostrost- a pak další- otevřít v photoshop camera raW a nik a je to o něčem jiném, ale záleží na stylu práce- ať se vede:) NEK

1 Like

jen pro doplnění, ostrá fotka je ostrá a žádný jiný SW to nenaparaví. NEK

1 Like

I can happily report that 472.12 works on my machine as well.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 472.12
CPU RAM: 32702 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

FYI - works with v3.2.0 of DeNoise as well.

1 Like

No problem with halos as long as sharpen amount is appropriate. I only run in GPU mode.

Yes I can confirm that the latest NVIDIA Studio v472.12 driver update fixes the “too soft” mode issues that were not working for a while on my RTX 2080.

1 Like

Slight problem. It looks like Sharpen AI has picked up the same Preview window bug that GigaPixel AI has.

It is stretching up an image that is smaller than the zoom level says it is, thereby doubling up pixels, which show as very visible ‘jaggies’ on thin, diagonal lines or edges. The exported image does not have this, but it’s frustrating that it appeared a few versions ago in GAI and the bug seems to be catching as SAI now has it. Hopefully it doesn’t spread to other products.

Exported version is overlaid on the screen grab to show it’s different.

Drivers are up to date and going back or forwards a few versions makes no difference. Going back to an earlier version of SAI does though, because it’s not there then.

1 Like

I recently purchased Topaz Sharpen Ai and On1 Photo Raw 2022. Given my computer was quite old I also purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15- i7 with 16gb Memory and a Intel iRIS Xe graphics for my Photo processing.

When using Topaz Sharpen Ai with the Topaz Ai processor set on Auto I’m constantly getting a pop up saying Processing Error. I have to run the processor set to CPU in preferences for it to run without the pop up Error. The Processing takes so much longer when set to to CPU. I know the Intel iRIS Xe integrated graphics card isn’t as good an option as a dedicated graphics card but I would have thought it would be easily capable of handling Processing a single photograph. Is it possible there is a problem with my computer or the software. I have run diagnostics on the computer and it says everything is running healthy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For many days I avoided updating to 3.2.2 and by mistake I gave okay for update today and boy! 3.2.2 is pathetically slow in every action!
Any specific date by when we are getting the fix? or should I just roll back and wait out?
Topaz Sharpen team please do something, I have been recommending this tool to my folks and this is a bummer!

I have 2 Dell laptops with these basic specs:

1. 2019 - i7-8565u (1.8ghz, Turbo Boost 4.6ghz)
    Nvidia Geforce MX250 2gb
    Intel UHD 620
    32gb RAM
    512gb SSD

2. 2012 - i7-3630qm (2.4ghz, Turbo Boost 3.4ghz)
    Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2gb
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    8gb RAM
    256gb SSD
    1tb HD

I have Sharpen AI 3.2.1 on both. I can run both of them using the Nvidia GPU or the Intel integrated graphics or the CPU (depending on the Sharpen AI preferences setting). All work for me. Speed is different, of course. In both laptops the Nvidia is fastest, the Intel integrated graphics is next, and the CPU is last.

I would expect that your new Dell laptop with Iris Xe integrated graphics should work and be reasonably fast. It works using my old Intel integrated graphics, even the very old 2012 Intel HD Graphics 4000.

I have found that as long as I run Topaz Sharpen Ai in Auto mode rather manually it runs OK and reasonably quick. I contacted Topaz and sent them through my computer specifications and it seems unfortunately my computer doesn’t have enough dedicated memory to run optimally.