Sharpen AI v3.2

My sharpening editing with v.3.2. has been reduced to a crawl with several complete collapses of the App during processing. Up to a few days ago with an earlier release, the process was faster.

Have a bug in settings:

• I selected NVIDIA card under AI processor, and window closed. Re-open settings again, I see NVIDIA there. This ok.
  • After program restarted see this option: changed to Auto. Why?

Please fix this! 3.2.2 version have installed.

Currently if you only have 1 GPU it shows auto even though it is selected.

Please go to Help, Graphics info and press Copy then paste the info here. I would also look to system updates over the last couple of days as they may affect your processing, if so the reinstall to see if that helps.

And, Auto only defaults to a GPU. Right?

Hm. Auto means SAI uses CPU or GPU, which is better. If I choose GPU directly, does it only use NVIDIA or not? I need to use GPU, not CPU.

It will default to the GPU if it is suitable and supported. By that I mean that most integrated GPUs may not be fast enough because they donā€™t have dedicated RAM.

1 Like

I just installed this and went to use it and now I get an error.
If the problem persists try updating your device drivers or switching to a different AI processor in preferences"

I had never had this issue before. Can I go back to the previous?
My system:
Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 471.68

CPU RAM: 16202 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Yes. You can go back.

If you scan up this thread youā€™ll see NVIDIA is having issues with its drivers. There is advice above about that.

To go back to a previous Topaz product version: 1st uninstall your current version. Then download the previous release installer you want to use from the appropriate product group on the Product Releases page (see menu list where you can find that at top of this page).

The other thing you can do is revert to the 462.xx drivers as that seems to be the stable one for the RTX series.

1 Like

This version 3.2.2 is a continuos crash.ā€œProcessing errorā€. I donā€™t know how to go on.

Can you pls provide info about your system?

What type of computer, operating system/gen, graphics processor (make & version) youā€™re using. If it is NVIDIA you have a number of recommended approaches you can try in several of the 3-5 posts just above yours (if you scan up).

If you can get to the SAI Help menu without your system crashing, you can copy the needed info from in thereā€¦

I just updated to 3.2.2
While it displays the preview, - it does NOT save an image. It just scans left-right but does not process.
Win 10 - 64
I rebooted but no improvementā€¦ whatā€™sup?

Iā€™m running SAI 3.2.2 also on a Win 10 64-bit PC. I just ran a Save using the Standalone version and it saved fine.

Sounds like you already tried rebooting.

What do you have set for ā€œAI Processorā€ in your Preferences in the File menu?

Iā€™m running CPU/medium.

If youā€™re running GPU (or, Auto - which seems to like to default to a GPU - even if not best for each system) which GPU is your installation of SAI running?

If NVIDIA, see some of the posts in about the last 5-6 posted above your post. NVIDIA is having issues with certain versions. There are recommendations just above about which vers. work (revert to the 462.xx drivers) and/or how to roll back to an earlier version of SAI until there are other NVIDIA fixes.

Go to Help, Graphics info and press Copy then paste it here. Also provide a little more information such as standalone or plug-in (host) and image type.

Go to Help, Graphics info and press Copy then paste it here. Also provide a little more information such as standalone or plug-in (host) and image type.

What do you mean by just scans left to right?

This is not good. I reverted my Topaz which I had never had an issue with before to 3.2.1 it worked the other day and now it is unusable as well. Geforce Experience says I have the latest driver. I am on the studio version. Not happy at all that I canā€™t use a software I just paid good money to update. 3.2.1 worked with my driver before. Why does it not now?

Pref was set to Auto
Iā€™ve toggked them all and no joy

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 471.68

CPU RAM: 16190 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

There are others on this forum who use GeForce & likely have better options for you to try. But, just out of curiosity, does trying 471.41 work SAI for you?

I just reverted to 462.31 with no luck. BTW Gigapixel and DeNoise work fine.
Going to roll back Sharpen 3.2.2

1 Like