Sharpen AI v3.2

také jsem fanatik photoshop a nik, ale zkusil jsem první úpravu v DXO, ON1- převod do DNG - porovnat- šum, ostrost- a pak další- otevřít v photoshop camera raW a nik a je to o něčem jiném, ale záleží na stylu práce- ať se vede:) NEK

1 Like

jen pro doplnění, ostrá fotka je ostrá a žádný jiný SW to nenaparaví. NEK

1 Like

I can happily report that 472.12 works on my machine as well.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 472.12
CPU RAM: 32702 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

FYI - works with v3.2.0 of DeNoise as well.

1 Like

No problem with halos as long as sharpen amount is appropriate. I only run in GPU mode.

Yes I can confirm that the latest NVIDIA Studio v472.12 driver update fixes the “too soft” mode issues that were not working for a while on my RTX 2080.

1 Like

Slight problem. It looks like Sharpen AI has picked up the same Preview window bug that GigaPixel AI has.

It is stretching up an image that is smaller than the zoom level says it is, thereby doubling up pixels, which show as very visible ‘jaggies’ on thin, diagonal lines or edges. The exported image does not have this, but it’s frustrating that it appeared a few versions ago in GAI and the bug seems to be catching as SAI now has it. Hopefully it doesn’t spread to other products.

Exported version is overlaid on the screen grab to show it’s different.

Drivers are up to date and going back or forwards a few versions makes no difference. Going back to an earlier version of SAI does though, because it’s not there then.

1 Like

I recently purchased Topaz Sharpen Ai and On1 Photo Raw 2022. Given my computer was quite old I also purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15- i7 with 16gb Memory and a Intel iRIS Xe graphics for my Photo processing.

When using Topaz Sharpen Ai with the Topaz Ai processor set on Auto I’m constantly getting a pop up saying Processing Error. I have to run the processor set to CPU in preferences for it to run without the pop up Error. The Processing takes so much longer when set to to CPU. I know the Intel iRIS Xe integrated graphics card isn’t as good an option as a dedicated graphics card but I would have thought it would be easily capable of handling Processing a single photograph. Is it possible there is a problem with my computer or the software. I have run diagnostics on the computer and it says everything is running healthy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For many days I avoided updating to 3.2.2 and by mistake I gave okay for update today and boy! 3.2.2 is pathetically slow in every action!
Any specific date by when we are getting the fix? or should I just roll back and wait out?
Topaz Sharpen team please do something, I have been recommending this tool to my folks and this is a bummer!

I have 2 Dell laptops with these basic specs:

1. 2019 - i7-8565u (1.8ghz, Turbo Boost 4.6ghz)
    Nvidia Geforce MX250 2gb
    Intel UHD 620
    32gb RAM
    512gb SSD

2. 2012 - i7-3630qm (2.4ghz, Turbo Boost 3.4ghz)
    Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2gb
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    8gb RAM
    256gb SSD
    1tb HD

I have Sharpen AI 3.2.1 on both. I can run both of them using the Nvidia GPU or the Intel integrated graphics or the CPU (depending on the Sharpen AI preferences setting). All work for me. Speed is different, of course. In both laptops the Nvidia is fastest, the Intel integrated graphics is next, and the CPU is last.

I would expect that your new Dell laptop with Iris Xe integrated graphics should work and be reasonably fast. It works using my old Intel integrated graphics, even the very old 2012 Intel HD Graphics 4000.

I have found that as long as I run Topaz Sharpen Ai in Auto mode rather manually it runs OK and reasonably quick. I contacted Topaz and sent them through my computer specifications and it seems unfortunately my computer doesn’t have enough dedicated memory to run optimally.

As long as you are satisfied now using the CPU rather than the Iris Xe integrated GPU then it is okay. I still have doubts about the explanation you got from Topaz though. Your new Iris Xe integrated GPU is much more powerful then my very old Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated GPU (note I only have 8gb RAM for this laptop) and rather old Intel UHD 620 integrated GPU. I think Topaz should be able to use your new Iris Xe. Maybe a driver problem or something else. I have had good luck with Topaz support being helpful, but it sounds like the person you contacted didn’t want to be bothered to investigate. Iris Xe is in lots of the newer Intel CPUs so Topaz, I think, should be able to use it. Anyway, you are satisfied now so I am glad you can run Sharpen AI now.

I am currently running Sharpen Ai with the Iris Xe Integrated GPU. As long as I allow Topaz to give me the three sharpened versions rather than doing it manually myself it runs pretty quickly. Once I choose the image I want to use it only takes between 10-20 seconds to process the image.
Topaz recommends a minimum of 2g of VRAM. They said that as my Intel Xe graphics card only has 128 mb of dedicated memory it is not the minimum 2gb they require. Not computer savvy at all, is dedicated memory and VRAM the same thing?

No, the integrated graphics use RAM UP TO 1.5 or 2GB rather than having there own dedicated vRAM.

Installed Sharpen AI 3.2.2 October 2nd. Photoshop plugin and stand-alone versions break immediately after loading a tiff file. This can be avoided when preferences set to NOT use GPU (Radeon RX580), relying only on CPU. Please fix.
-Morten

Just to clarify. When your SAI crashed was the Preference for AI Processor set to “Auto” (& it chose to use a Radeon GPU in your system) or was what showed up in that Pref box a specific Radeon GPU?

Make sure the GPU drivers are up to date from the AMD website … if on Windows. It would also help if you copied the information from the Help-> Graphics info. dialog via the Copy button and posted the info here. Also what application created the TIF image?

Happens both if preferences set to auto, or explicitly set to RX580

1 Like

Had updated AMD drivers just before installing SAI 3.2.2. TIFF came from Capturre One pro 21. SAI 3.0.3 has handled these TIFFs beautifully both before and after my 3.3.3 experience

Sorry, typo, SAI was 3.2.2

I submitted a suggestion for a new feature:

Use reference photo to improve sharpening

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/use-reference-photo-to-improve-sharpening/27063

Please vote for it in the link.

1 Like