Sharpen AI v3.2

this version 3.2.2 is much slower as a plug-in. The Apply is not practical. Urgently correct this situation. Version 3.2.1 was much faster.

I have the 471.96 studio version. And I had already retested with the 462 and the result remains unchanged.

Thanks for replying. Here is the information you asked for:

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 471.68

CPU RAM: 32637 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 7931 Pixels

Just found this post. This is the exact same problem I’m having. I also updated the NVIDIA driver and it still happens. It only works if the processor is set to CPU which isn’t what I want. Sharpen worked fine until I updated to 3.2.2.

Revert to 462.xx, the May driver, and it should be ok.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve just upgraded Sharpen AI to 3.2.2 - Big mistake Literally about 5x longer to upload image and 3x longer to process. Please tel me how to revert to previous version.

Thanks

Paul

You should be posting in the correct thread, here not a DeNoise thread.

Please go to Help, Graphics info., press Copy and post the info here.

Check in preferences to see if it is set to GPU. Mine reverted to CPU with the update which runs much slower.

Testing the “471.96-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql” driver right now and it does work.

But its a gaming driver, not a Studio Driver - the Studio/Pro driver is still not out.

In the Case the Nvidia Control Panel was not installed:

Open Start > Run < wsreset.exe, right click open as admin.

This will reinstall the Windows store, the Nvidia Panel comes via the Windows Store not by the driver anymore, after this when you open the Control Panel it should be installed right.
__
__
The Halos are still there when i make use of the GPUs but when i use the CPU the quality is OK (No Halos).

4 Likes

Many thanks for your help. I’ve installed 462.59and it’s running perfectly. Incredibly fast when processing images and no error messages. Thank you!

3 Likes

which version do you have before? because this problem started on the 3.1.0

She has the same problem as me and I already said that I also tried with the 462 and the problem persists.

Might have what you see as the same problem, but what GPU do you have? She used the 462.xx and it is good for her.

I have a RTX 2080 of 8GB by MSI

SAI 3.2.2 likewise runs without issues, as an LrC 10.4 plugin.

All 3 Changes look good, especially “Allow…” (more logical).

I didn’t have any issues with the Fixes previously.

1 Like

I updated to 3.2.2 and updated the Nvidia driver RTX2060 super, “Soft” mode no longer generates errors for GPU.

1 Like

All these little tweaks to the GUI etc. are nice but the problem is that the 3+ version models are broken and give unacceptable halos on contrasty parts of the image.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kh1234567890/51224266125/lightbox

1 Like

Hi,

Since the latest update I keep getting processing error when using automatic model selection.
It looks that it is just not working with “Too Soft”.
As per the error message, I’ve updated my NVidia driver to the latest version (august 2021), but it didn’t help.
What can I do with it now?
Should I downgrade Sharpen AI to the previous version which worked well?

Thanks,
Julia

Hi,
If you have a RTX model downgrade the driver to 462.xx (Studio) from May as NVIDIA are aware of the issues and are working on a solution.

1 Like

Nvidia Driver 471.68 with with Sharpen 3.2.2 took 18minutes to process updated to version 471.96 processing time back to normal.