Sharpen AI v2.1.8

Understood, but I meant when we were talking about the banding issue with Stabilize, not sure why AiDon interjected with ‘stabilize should be used for ____ situations’

My Sharpen 2.17 keeps exiting in the middle of a batch process randomly. Early on I though it was only when selecting Auto Mode and the mode changed in the middle of the batch.

Today I tried leaving Mode as manual, but the program still crashes/exits in the middle of a batch. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.1.7

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Quadro M1000M/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 443.32

CPU RAM: 40814 MB

Video RAM: 2048 MB

Preview Limit: 4008 Pixels

Hi, please go to Preferences and post what your Advanced Preferences are set to. Also you need to update your GPU drivers as it is our of date.

Don,

Here are my advanced preferences:

As of 10/4/20 the driver I have installed was supposed to be the latest stable version, there is a less stable version “vR455 U1 (456.38) New Features Less Stable” is that what you are thinking about?

OK, then don’t bother updating the GPU driver but have you tried switching to GPU with Medium or even Low memory consumption?

And do you have a log available from the last run that crashed?

It should be in the “ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Sharpen AI\Logs” folder so, if you do, change the extension to .txt and upload it here please.

I switched to GPU with Medium. I did a batch of 20 images and it ran fine. I’ll run some bigger batches tomorrow and post the log if it fails again.

Thank you.

1 Like

I did a run of 100 images this morning. They all ran fine without Sharpen exiting. I did choose Auto for both Mode and Settings. The only thing is that there was no change of mode in the run, only sharpen.

An added advantage with that using GPU medium memory usage the program is processing faster than before.

Interestingly I used reset and the program automatically chooses to turn of GPU and use Vino. I am leaving it with GPU on.

Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Workflow Discussion for AI applications

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sharpen AI 2.2.0.2b is Available

I don’t know if it was like this before V2.1.8, but in Split View, the bar between the views is just a fuzzy white line. If your image is mostly white (E.G. an image of a text document with white background) the bar can be impossible to see. The same is true for DeNoise AI, so I guess it’s been “a thing” for a while.

In Adjust there is a thin black border around the white line which ensures it is visible regardless of the colour of the image.