Sharpen AI v2.1.8

I am curious as to how Sharpen AI automatically detects the recommended mode for an image? If I manually select each of the modes, I do not see a clear trend as to why the recommended mode is selected (most adjustment required, least adjustment required). I find that when it selects Sharpen that this is not the mode that makes the most pleasing changes.

Sharpen is randomly closing up in the middle of a batch run, this started with 2.1.3. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have just upgraded to v2.1.3 and it immediately closes if I hit either of the Auto switches.

Please go to Help-Graphics info and press Copy then post the information here.

Then the environment you are using it from, e.g. Photoshop version.

Don’t post in more than one place please.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.1.3

Operating System: macOS 10.15

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 ATI-3.10.16

CPU RAM: 65536 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

PhotoShop v21.2.2

With your hardware it should be OK.

Please open as a standalone, open an image and then press Reset under Advanced preferences making sure that only one option, either GPU or OpenVINO, is selected. Then make a change to say the Sharpness setting and press Update. It should then re-calibrate your settings.

See if after calibration it is OK as a plugin. If not you will need to raise a support request at the main website.

I followed these instructions on three different images, trying a combination of GPU/No OpenVINO and No GPU/OpenVINO.

When I click on Update the Calibrating dialog appears at 0% and a second later the application crashes.

Ok I think you should raise a support request at the main website as you seem to have a conflict with something on your system as during calibration it benchmarks the different processing options you have.

Please attach the log files, if you don’t have any i.e. logging is turned off, just turn it on under the Help menu and run the calibration again and attach those logs.

Since updating to 2.1.4, Sharpen AI always quits when dragging the image up against the right edge of the window. No error message. This happens when I use the navigator, or drag directly in the image. Dragging to the bottom, left or top edges work fine. Same behavior with Photoshop plugin and standalone.

Graphics driver is up to date, using Windows 10, version 2004.
The update to 2004 happened around the same time as I updated to 2.1.4 BTW.

(upload://2jSanXQ3auuswU8Sk8sEoq8C9Jo.png)

Thank you for the report, I can reproduce it with that info so I’ll take a look at it.

Sharpen 2.1.5 still crashing at save!
OS crash report SHARP215.txt (198.7 KB) 2020-08-28-13-15-7-QML.tzlog.txt (812 Bytes)
2020-08-28-13-15-7-Main.tzlog.txt (816 Bytes)

I’m going to need more information for this. Do you have a specific image you can reproduce it with, or is it all images saved as TIFF? I can’t reproduce this crash locally.

I usually work with “NEF” images and they all crash Sharpen AI.

I tried to up load this particular image but this software will not accept “NEF” or "zip"s.

Is there some other way to get this file to you?

Confirmed on my system.

@adam.mains It seems to be that the processing times are not good now, this is times more than I have experienced previously. Also this image opens as Stabilize

OpenVINO (Calibrated Option) - 5:46 minutes (~5x)
GPU / Medium Memory - 3:56 minutes (~3.5x)
Both - 3:55 minutes (~3.5x)

So the processing times are between 5x and 3.5x depending on the hardware used. note that previously they were ~1.05 minutes for all options.

Hi. How do I remove the Topaz Labs Photoshop plugin listed in ‘Filters’?

Just installed the update and it’s unusable. Crashes when zooming. Seems to be worse on some images, which are ones that worked fine on the previous version. Doesn’t seem to matter which Mode I’m using.

Windows 10 Pro Laptop - 10.0.19041 (Build 19041 update just installed);
Intel i7 4720HQ 2.6ghz;
16GB RAM;
Dedicated AMD Radeon R9 M365X 4GB RAM and on-board Intel video.

I see logs for the times of the crashes, but don’t know what to do with them. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

FloridaDrafter

It is a known issue and an update will be out soon.

Please remember to go to Help-> Graphics info, press Copy and then post that information as it will give a better idea of what the environment that Sharpen AI is actually using.

Thank you!

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.1.5
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5126
CPU RAM: 16296 MB
Video RAM: 1500 MB
Preview Limit: 3135 Pixels