Sharpen AI v2.0.0

Update: the updating and rendering goes faster now. I had to manually set sharpen ai to use the Geforce card again. So that was not on your side, but user error.

this is a message I posted on DPreview
Updated with standalone

What the result ?

1 I have a problem with the zoom factor . it’s two times too large 50% is really 100%

This is the same problem still not corrected than Denoise AI ver 2.0.0

I cannot understand, My PC windows 10 is pretty standart and powerfull enough with no problem

2 Trying to use the Mask mode same problem as Denoise AI Version 2. Not possible to understand how and when the supposed result is updated on the screen , absolutly incoherent

Topaz never denied these problems with Denoise AI V2 and even promised to fixed these but two month later still nothing and even worth they are propagating these problems to other new software versions

I loved some of their products but I am afraid they are going directly into the wall !

Do you have more than 1 GPU on your PC?

Please run Sharpen AI and go to Help-> Graphics info, press copy and paste the info here.

Note that you will always have to setup Graphics settings if the install location changes. It is easier to use the Windows Settings Graphics option.

That is not so, and certainly not on DeNoise AI, this is a 2400 x 1600 image that fills the display @ 50%, but not @ 100% as you can see here:

There is no Mask Mode in DeNoise AI, and in Sharpen AI the preview either updates using the Update button if Auto-update preview is turned off, or if it is on and you are masking:

• Generating preview text will no longer show up as long as you have the mouse held down when the brush is active
  • If brush is active, generating preview will take longer to show up initially even if mouse is not held down

Please open Sharpen AI and go to Help-> Graphics info and press copy and paste the information here so we can see.

Yes, I have a laptop with integrated gfx card, and a geforce card. There is one program giving problems with the geforce card, hence I needed to set per app/program in nvidia’s control panel which card should be used. It is all good now in regards to the speed. In fact, I have a feeling it is now speeded up… Thanks so much!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Display Screen Size for Sharpen AI

Your answers are absolutly unfair . I am using all AI stuffs since the first versions
Yes the zoom factor is wrong for me in Topaz aI since V2 as with Sharpen AI with this version 2
That’s different with Studio2 for exemple. I provided plenty of evidence of that problem .
topaz developpers aknowledge that and promise a fix ?
We can use the software with this first ridiculous issue
We cannot use the software with the second issue . The display not updating most of the time and even . I also provided evidences of that with the export file different than what is on the display
Yes I known sharpen AI is different from Denoise AI
what I wanted to mean is that using the mask AI is working as bad as the chromatic correction with Denoise AI concerning the way the display is or is not updated .
So new features in the two softwre . good ideas but result is pure garbage
I provided my configuration 10 times to the developpers . There is nothing special

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 2.0.0

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 442.19

CPU RAM: 32691 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 6536 Pixels

OK I now understand the philosophy of the zoom factor in Sharpen AI and Denoise AI .
What’s stupid and confuse me is this a questionable approach because we don’t kn!own about the pixels count and this is different of Studio 2 , Fastone and I think many other sotware

Again this not prevent to use the software . The second issue does

I “upgraded” to Sharpen AI 2.0.1 today. Now Auto-update preview no longer works. The Auto-update preview checkbox is checked, but when I navigate to another section of the image, the preview does not update. I can’t find the output options advertised on page 4 of 4 on the splash screen anywhere in the program (Save to Source Directory, Convert File Format, and Keep Color Profile).

Agree with you I cannot understand the stategy to update the preview not only in auto mode but even the manual mode
For me as confused as Denoise AI V2

When you click Save Image the following appears where you can choose your options:

I believe that the preview will only update in Auto-Update mode when you choose Auto for the Mode.

No Absolutly no way to understand how and if the update of the preview can work . I cannot find any logic
Topaz is definitively driving me crazy
I tried with or without GPU with or without Openvino . Sometimes the preview is updated but no consistent logic I can keep

After further work I still cannot find any good logic on the way is working the zoom
Only if we choose 50% i can find an explanation (we display 50% of the image pixels height to fill the preview?)
can you explain me the logic giving the pixels in the image and the pixels on the screen?. For me a logic used by almost if not everybody is at 100% we display 1 pixel on the screen for 1 pixel in the image
at 50% we display 1 pixel on the screen for 2 pixels in the image for 200% we display 2 pixels on the screen for one pixel in the image . Obviously this not the case

Having a problem with black screen in Topaz Sharpen 2.01. Tried reset. Tried changing input and output formats.

Please help.
Thanks

I waited also options like “Save to Source Directory”, “Keep File Format” and “Keep Color Profile”. Topaz Denoise has this features, please make the same available also in Topaz Sharpen!

Sharpen has all of these in the save dialog, but there is a different view for batch modes. You can find every option there. Single images are different, but we can update the new save dialog if people feel it is missing something.

Yes, we need this possibility also for single image mode! Usually no need for changing file format or color profile in Topaz programs! Topaz Denoise AI is good example how to make it in best way.

And one more remark considering Batch Processing. If we use manual mode there will be possibility to put different parameters for different photos!
Thank You!

Hi
I’ve been using the trial version 1.4.6 of Topaz Sharpen AI on Widows 7 for the last two days and am very impressed so far. Today I was prompted to upgrade to version 2 when I opened Version 1. When I installed it and tried to run it, it is stuck on the splash screen saying Topaz Sharpen AI (not responding).

Does anyone know what I have done wrong? BTW, version 1.4.6 still runs

I am having trouble with Ai Sharpen. Once I apply it and save the picture is black, the output is black. I have reinstalled it twice. this is in Lightroom as a plugin and stand alone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.