Sharpen AI update did not update in Lightroom & PS - help?

Yes - just tried it again- uninstalled using the uninstaller provided - install from new . . it opens and runs standalone fine . . shut it down . . open Studio2 . . send to the sharpen AI plugin . .and guess what - its . . still opening the old version . . so there is more than one old version on here somehow?

You need to check your pc and remove older versions. I believe the install changed the folder where the product is installed in the last update.

It should not be this difficult surely? - so after yet another upgrade, I was again prompted to upgrade from Studio 2 . . .I found the the old version - (the new version is installed and runs OK standalone) . . deleted it, and hey presto . . I have no AI sharpen at all from Studio now - DOH! . .It looks like yesterday’s Studio2 update also deleted favourites etc . . I think i will need to delete studio now to put it back, there looks to be no way to add Topaz plug-ins back into Topaz Studio . . its a great product . . but this upgrade cycle is proving very messy

Install in the default folders and delete the old versions and all will be OK

Yep - thats what I did - and its not

I was able to fix the Lightroom problem by uninstalling all versions of Sharpen AI, closing lightroom, and then reinstalling using the web installer found under downloads on the Topaz main site (for some reason, the forum won’t let me post a link to it).

1 Like

Unnecessary to post links back to Topaz Labs. In the update post it was recommended that you uninstall before installing the new version.

The only solution that worked for me (Windows 10, Lightroom 6.14) was to remove the existing Topaz applications (Sharpen and DeNoise) and reinstall them. It was a pain, but nothing else worked.