Sharpen AI on below-spec laptop

Just thought I’d share this with you. I’m a longtime owner of InFocus which had never seemed to work the promised magic and I had largely written off. Email arrives today saying I can upgrade for free to Sharpen AI. Sounds good so I investigate further and realise that my laptop falls well below the minimum spec recommended (aging Lenovo G710 with Core i5 and only Intel 4600 graphics, Windows 8.1). What’s to lose? I download and install Sharpen AI and am pleased to report that, yes its slow BUT IT WORKS and delivers great results. Slow? About 10 minutes to process a 4000x3000 JPG from my Fuji XS1… but worth waiting for. Of course YMMV but its working for me…

3 Likes

Jon, I have the same GPU Intel 4600 and yes it is slow, but what might help is to go to preferences and change from GPU to CPU. Then it will work in the background.

1 Like

Thanks, Ricco, I’ll try that. Just starting to try Sharpen AI out, so lots to learn…

1 Like

Also remember that TIFF files and large files will take longer to process.

Ricci (sorry about earlier misnaming, was typing on phone); just tried similar process on the same image using CPU and - anecdotally as I wasn’t accurately timing the first trial - it seemed slightly slower - 13 mins rather than around 10. Whatever, I’m impressed that it works at all, and produces such good results (and was effectively free :slight_smile: )

1 Like

It depends on the Pixel size.

1 Like