Sharpen AI 3.03 will not launch

Sharpen AI 3.03 will not launch after update. 3.02 worked fine. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling / rebooted PC still notworking.

The following is copied from Denoise

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.0.3

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.71

CPU RAM: 32706 MB

Video RAM: 3072 MB

Preview Limit: 4967 Pixels

1 Like

Your NVIDIA driver is out of date, update it from the NVIDIA website please.

Driver updated , but still will not launch.

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 461.92

CPU RAM: 32706 MB

Video RAM: 3072 MB

Preview Limit: 5312 Pixels

1 Like

I had the same problem but with this info
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 461.72
CPU RAM: 48975 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

I uninstalled and reinstalled version 3.03 with this result
There has been an error
Unable to download component Application: Component file version does not match
The application will exit now

I have reinstalled 3.02 and it is working fine. Please advise if any solution is available

I have a similar set up, Win 10 but 64mb and GTX 1060. My driver is up-to-date and the v3 update just does not work at all, standalone or from Lightroom plug-in. Les

1 Like

For those having problems where Sharpen AI (Note current version is v3.0.3) and you are using the latest versions of Lightroom and PS make sure your video drivers are up to date.

If it is still not working raise a support request at the main website as I have a GTX1050/4GB and I can use Sharpen AI as a standalone, from LR6, from Capture One, ON1, Affinity Photo etc. But it no longer seems to be compatible with Creative Suite 6 - i.e. PS6. That may be because a later link library for the PS plugins is being used.

I had same no launch problem with 3.0.3 and latest Nvidia drivers. I contacted support they fixed it today same release version 3.0.3 Mine works fine now after reinstalling 3.0.3 it did not yesterday after re-install. Changelog now reflects the problem with certain hardwareā€¦

I Have now reinstalled 3.03 and it is working where yesterday it did not. Topaz must have fixed the problem with the NVIDIA driver.

1 Like

Same here I updated all the drivers and now Topaz Sharpen wonā€™t even start up even after uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

Iā€™ve requested a refund

1 Like

It is not just Nvidia Card that 3.0.3 has a problem with. AI sharpen does not work with my 2019 Mac Big Sur (ver 11.2.3) w/ Radeon. The other Topaz apps work fine

1 Like

and Iā€™m having the same problem with AMD. I have updated the drivers. uninstalled and reinstalled. It doesnā€™t work as a stand alone or as a plugin since the update.

I just installed the trial version of Denoise and was looking for answers to the same problem. I couldnā€™t find any but there was a mention of a docking station issue so I unplugged my USB Hub and then the program worked! Worth a try. Now to look for a solution to that issue - I have already updated the drivers for the hub.

I installed Sharpen AI 3.0.3 on my old Intel I7 920 computer in April 2021 and it starts but dies as soon as I move a picture into the software. I guess that it could be that my old hardware is not compatible with this software. Running: Windows 10 64bit 16G RAM Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Version 3.22.0.32 Release 466.47. Anyone else having similar problems? (I should have been more diligent in checking the hardware requirements, but thought that it would work okay with LR6).

I canā€™t get any of the 3 topaz programs to open!!

2 Likes

Having issues after updating Sharpen today. Was working this morning before the update. Now says it canā€™t update models & update video driver. I also downloaded & updated by NVIDIA driver & also uninstalled & reinstalled Sharpen. Same issue.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.3.3
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 497.09
CPU RAM: 32728 MB
Video RAM: 6144 MB
Preview Limit: 6767 Pixels

Want to add that when I reinstalled Sharpen AI it wonā€™t let me activate it. Just keeps ā€œthinkingā€ when trying to authenticate me with my proper login credentials.

I have the same issues too - no Toapz products will open any more. have uninstalled, cleared registry etc,. and reinstalled but still the same. Calls the plugin from Photoshop and says you are using a Topaz plugin but no screen opens.

btw - have logged a support request and sent files as auto requested but no response for several days. And yes - my video drivers are 100% up to date as well.

Same issue. Finally gave up and removed all Topaz from PC. Moving to another company for denoise.

I got a duff response from support - I have responded with more detail - will post if I get a working solution from them - they are so slow on responding. Did yours work if you opened the apps as standalones using ā€˜run as administratorā€™?

No, I wiped, re-installed as admin, ran as admin with same results. Tried standalone and see a service start, but no app start and nothing on the screen. Finally got a response from Topaz yesterday asking if my monitor was plugged in to the video card. If thatā€™s where trouble shooting starts, Iā€™ll stick with moving to On1.

1 Like