Sharpen AI 3.0 Extremely Slow

Sure, go to the Product Release section on this website and download from the version you want.

1 Like

Same basic speed problem. I was using a “substandard” Windows laptop (7th Gen i7 and no graphics, 16GB RAM) - but the older version (from late last year) worked pretty well. I upgraded the day before V.3 came out and then again for V.3 and it went from workable to unworkable. Previews went from approx. 1-2 minutes to 10+ minutes - and saving took even longer (30-45 minutes) - and worse if multi-tasking. I tried a new laptop that still doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card but has the 11th Gen intel i7 with Iris Xe graphics, and it’s better than ever - most actions taking a few seconds to a minute or so. Which leads to the following question - if you had to prioritize processor speed, RAM, and VRAM - which sequence would you prioritize? Especially between processor and VRAM - if you had to choose less processor speed but more VRAM or more processor speed but less VRAM, which does Sharpen AI tend to depend on more? Thanks.

Thank you.

Sorry I am new here. Looked for a Post button but couldn’t find one, so I used Reply. I installed v3.0.1 this morning. Still have the same problem. The updating progress bar keeps on going back and forth for an extremely long time then stops and Sharpen stops responding. At least I can close the window whereas with V3.0 I had to force it to close. The previous v2 version worked like a charm. Can I go back to it? I have Windows 10.

I have just updated to version 3.01 and find it a good improvement in speed over version 3.00. Whatever was done between versions seems to have helped. I won’t say it’s super fast, but much more workable.

1 Like

Just upgraded to 3.0.3, tested it on a 25MB RAW pic (converted to TIFF by LR using defaults) and processing was less than 10 seconds, compared to 1:30 before. Massive difference. Fast machine, AMD 3900X with Radeon 5700X PCIe 4.0 card, PCIe 4.0 SSD.

Despite my computer is out of date prior versions were working quickly.
3.03 isn’t usable anymore.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.0.3
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 456.71
CPU RAM: 12254 MB
Video RAM: 2048 MB
Preview Limit: 3536 Pixels

Any suggestions? Can I downgrade?

Your graphics card driver is out of date - the latest is 462.31. You need to download the latest from NVIDIA’s site.

Thank you - update of drivers sorted things out. :wink:

1 Like

The 466.11 WHQL drivers came out on 14 Apr 21.

1 Like

According to NVIDIA 462.31, also released on 14 April, is the latest Studio driver for my GTX 1060.

1 Like

Update your GPU driver from the NVIDIA website. Studio is the best option.

Also please remove your email from the Name in the Forum profile settings as this is a public website.

how does one use the GPU versus the CPU?

You choose one or other in Preferences

Same issue on any MacPro
 takes 15+ minutes to apply settings.

Same problem here.
My graphics info:
Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0
CPU RAM: 16342 MB
Video RAM: 896 MB
Preview Limit: 997 Pixels

Processing Options set themselves to Auto, if I set them to CPU they don’t stay set to that (there is only one option there, as above

You need to raise a support request at the main website as that GPU isn’t supported. Ask if there is a way to revert to the CPU.

Hello, having the same problem with Sharpen AI being very slow. Made sure to update with the latest video driver.

Application & Version: Topaz Sharpen AI Version 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 496.49
CPU RAM: 16286 MB
Video RAM: 2048 MB
Preview Limit: 2726 Pixels

more than 15 min that’s right
 It’s impossible to use it now
 grr

Just downloaded the app. A single image processing is taking more than 10 mins and exporting also taking same time.
My System in 9th gen i5 with 24 GB RAM and graphics card is Nvedia GT710. Graphics card Driver version is 27.21.14.5671.