When I first load 2.1.0 and an image, it seems to detect the background from the foreground fairly well. As soon as I adjust the noise suppression setting though, it seems to have a hard time finding it again.
This also often results in artifacts that look a bit like a canvas texture has been added, dithered gif like noise or a perlin noise to some areas or the whole image! . It’s very odd.
1.4 vs. 2.1.0
I tied the same images on version 1.4 and everything is working as expected. 2.1.0 is so bad I honestly can’t use it on several images I tested. I’ll probably try 2.0 and see if that’s better.