Roadmap Update?

Noticed Topaz Photo AI has a Roadmap Update.

Have we gotten one for Topaz Video Enhance recently?

We’ll have one alongside the release today.

2 Likes

Oh that’s wonderful. Thank you Eric. Love your product. I do hope the roadmap does speak about the quality and performance mismatch between the v3.x and v2.6.4. Seems to be the biggest reason why there is a drop in adoption.

3 Likes

Just published here:

Performance and model quality are both priority items for us. Note that we did fix a model quality issue in v3.0.5, so make sure that you’re fully updated if you still see quality differences between v2.6 and v3.

Hi Eric
I, like many, purchased V3 on release due to the promise of bigger, faster, better. However, it’s become apparent that it was still very much a beta product and inferior to per-decisser as is evidenced by the discussion on the forum and the rapid release of 3.0.? versions. I myself still cannot get stable results.

I would like you to consider an extension of support window 12 months from the date you guys finally achieve a stable and functional product that is superior to V2 for all of us who have become beta testers on you new released product.

Regards
Paul

1 Like

Topaz and its digital environment with other companies, a need for compatible formats .

Very well made your proposal for two lossless output layers for corrections in Adobe Final Cut, Black Magic, Blender, Nuke, Sony…

As the PSD format is a proprietary Adobe format, it may have implementation problems due to licensing difficulties, etc…

The DPX format as a 10-bit intermediate created by Kodak for use on telecine is my tool used as your plant in two layers, and for this I import twice into the timeline for final audio and video touch-ups.

In the current transitory situation of Topaz with many errors still unresolved, this DPX format available from the source in the aforementioned programs, implements a plugins called Cineon that allows very precise image adjustments at 10bits of range.

I lead a propagandist crusade in Topaz to implement this format that I have verified empirically up to 10 intraframe generations, almost without loss of quality, despite its age and it is free of rights or royalties.

This format is opened and allowed to work by PS- After Effect -Premiere- Audition- Media Encoder.and all other professional suites…

Color profiles and sound can be corrected, and once everything on your site is exported through Media Encoder or Apple Compressor to the final output format.

In times of such instability this is the process I use, losing a start generation to TIFF 16 bits. As it is not implemented in Topaz.DPX 10bits, let us continue to insist on its implementation as a temporary lifeline, since this format is implemented by the main commercial software, and it is really a very robust intermediate and a great help in restoring all image parameters…

Regards Eric Yang

https://www.adobe.com/es/creativecloud/file-types/image/raster/dpx-file.html

Topaz and its digital environment with other companies, a need for compatible formats .

Very well made your proposal for two lossless output layers for corrections in Adobe Final Cut, Black Magic, Blender, Nuke, Sony…

As the PSD format is a proprietary Adobe format, it may have implementation problems due to licensing difficulties, etc…

The DPX format as a 10-bit intermediate created by Kodak for use on telecine is my tool used as your plant in two layers, and for this I import twice into the timeline for final audio and video touch-ups.

In the current transitory situation of Topaz with many errors still unresolved, this DPX format available from the source in the aforementioned programs, implements a plugins called Cineon that allows very precise image adjustments at 10bits of range.

I lead a propagandist crusade in Topaz to implement this format that I have verified empirically up to 10 intraframe generations, almost without loss of quality, despite its age and it is free of rights or royalties.

This format is opened and allowed to work by PS- After Effect -Premiere- Audition- Media Encoder.and all other professional suites…

Color profiles and sound can be corrected, and once everything on your site is exported through Media Encoder or Apple Compressor to the final output format.

In times of such instability this is the process I use, losing a start generation to TIFF 16 bits. As it is not implemented in Topaz.DPX 10bits, let us continue to insist on its implementation as a temporary lifeline, since this format is implemented by the main commercial software, and it is really a very robust intermediate and a great help in restoring all image parameters…

Regards Eric Yang

https://www.adobe.com/es/creativecloud/file-types/image/raster/dpx-file.html