Removed Images from Flickr Account

Just wanted to give headsup that for right now with Flickr and other websites changing their rules and way of business I have removed all my images from my Flickr account so in case there is a post where my image is posted sorry for the inconvenience that it might not show unless I have directly uploaded it to this forum . Happy Shutters !

Ron

What did Flickr change that you didn’t like Ron?

The only notification I got was about photo books. Said they are using a new vendor. (Can’t remember exactly…I never used that feature.)

Yeah… what? We were notified of no changes to any Terms and Conditions, other than their vendor for books… and no longer providing some other print product.

If you’re going to raise a red flag, it would be helpful to provide details.

1 Like

I got an email quite a while back that Verizon bought out Yahoo and Flicker and a few other places which I think Photobucket was also one . All should know the story on Photobucket how they started charging members and they couldn’t get into their accounts until the fee was paid . I’ve just decided that i’m not going to wait and see if Flickr eventually starts charging for all members even tho they already have paid accounts for the Pro accounts . I’m just going to wait maybe a yr and see how much more Flickr changes and I want to be sure my photos are not there in case they do start such a thing . Not advising people to follow suite , just letting you know why I did what I did in case some of my pictures stop showing up .

Okay, thanks. I thought maybe I was missing a notification but I was aware of the change in ownership.

i was made to understand that it has sold out to another format

Here’s a copy and paste from the email I received.

If you haven’t heard, Yahoo plans to sell its operating business, including Flickr, to Verizon Communications Inc. We anticipate the completion of the transaction to occur in June 2017. Upon the completion of this proposed transaction, Yahoo products and services, including Flickr, will be provided by a new Verizon-owned company called Yahoo Holdings, Inc.

In connection with this proposed transaction, Yahoo is updating its Terms of Service. You can review the changes by visiting our Terms of Service

These updated terms will automatically be effective on June 8, 2017, unless you cancel your Yahoo account before then.

That’s it! We look forward to continuing to deliver your favorite products and services.

That is the same email I got . Thanks Kathy for posting it cause I had already deleted it from my yahoo email . But as I said i’m just going to wait for a while and see if any changes come about cause Verizon is going through some major changes behind the scenes .

1 Like