Release 1.3.4 is not working on Mac

I reported the same issue starting with release 1.3.1. But, someone else, not me, reported the issue resolved so the issue was closed.

It is still not resolved. When I hit save updated image, it spits out the original image (same as what I dragged into Topaz), and the save function sits and spins until I hit cancel.

I removed topaz and reinstalled 1.3.4 with no impact on the issue.

Please help.

Thanks,

Bob Lamb

Hi there! Please be sure to include your computer’s system profile and your logs from Topaz Photo AI so we can troubleshoot. You can gather your log files from the app by first recreating this behavior within the app, and then going to Help > Open Log Folder. Upload all of these log files to this thread and we can review them.

How to Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)

How To Obtain Your System Profile (Mac)

Here is my Mac profile report.

iMac system report.spx (6.27 MB)

2023-05-15-15-26-56.tzlog (13.2 KB)

2023-05-15-15-28-30.tzlog (655 KB)

2023-05-15-15-53-54.tzlog (11.1 KB)

2023-05-15-16-01-54.tzlog (3.77 MB)

2023-05-16-07-54-10.tzlog (1.02 MB)

Dear Bob
I encounter a similar same problem sometimes on my MacBook with M1 silicon. Sometimes, the Saving just “hangs”.

But usually, it is quickly resolved by quitting the save, and then start the save from afresh. Sometimes, it is necessary to redo the cropping, before saving again. The second attempt always seems to proceed with impressive speed, so I presume that some data of the first attempt is reused.

I must admit that my experience is somewhat different from what you describe. But maybe it can still be of use for you

Regards, Thomas

Thank you modish, I really appreciate your input.

I will play around with that workflow to see if I can get it working.

I have tried cancelling the save and retrying but it still posts the original file, not the updated and then the save spins.

Here is one workflow that I have found that is working. I use apple photos to house my photos but I edit in Lightroom and then in Topaz and save the edited version back to apple photos. If I save the Lightroom edited version to photos, then edit in apple photos, it does give me an option to edit in topaz. I do the normal topaz editing and then hit save back to apple photos. This workflow does seem to be working.

Again, thenk you for your input. I will see how topaz responds.

Bob

@robert.lamb thanks for uploading the files.

It looks like the problem with saving is due to the AI engine.

Try manually selecting your M1 to use for processing.
Go to the Topaz Photo AI Menu option > Preferences > General menu > AI Processor Apple M1.

Give that a try and see if it’s exporting the processed images.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.