Refocus on core features (Gigapixel/DeNoise/Sharpen) - No more fancy features

Hi,

It’s the new and only “feature” of Photo AI 2.0.3, see here:

I personally don’t spend 300€ a year on cloud software. I use products, that I can actually buy without the constraint of a subscription (like Affinity Photo, Capture One and Luminar). But that’s a personal choice. If you need the best of the best and it’s your core profession I suppose there’s nothing to be said against cloud and subscriptions - after all, it’s just another business expense.

One can use Lama Cleaner, it’s incredible and its absolutely free. It has dozens of models and it’s core feature is object replacement. Of course, if one needs the best thing out there, it’s something like your sample image. I would think Adobe has entire development teams just on this matter - because they can :wink: And I don’t see that here with Photo AI… Not by a long shot.
Why would anyone want to re-invent the wheel in Photo AI for this? (you won’t get anywhere near products already out there). And implementing that in Photo AI takes away focus on the important issues, the core features. And raises complexity in your application.

Gigapixel AI, Sharpen AI and DeNoise AI were incredible programs. Great UI, multi editing, decent batch processing. All we needed was one application that combined these three existing AI features, so that one doesn’t need to use 3 programs in a row for each picture. And that’s what I hoped Photo AI to be.

But one year has already passed, and Photo AI is not anywhere near the 3 old programs. And development on the old programs completely stopped. Then every new week new and also reoccurring old bugs surface and there is no reliable version in sight. Major problems like the blurry patches issue are continually swept under the carpet.

And then in every release I read about even newer features (keyboard, coloring, …)
How can you develop new features, when there are still so many open issues.
New features just increase the program’s complexity even further.

I bought this product, like many of the people that voted in this post. I am not a beta tester and I am not payed by Topaz Labs. But the way it goes the last 12 months, I feel like a beta tester. And that shouldn’t be the case. 18 votes in just one day says something; I am not the only one thinking this way.

11 Likes