Recurring error message after most recent update

Complaint about small, but nasty issue: After the most recent update I always have to confirm the message “could not open file…” when opening an image.
My suspicion: This refers to the sidecar files which are created when my image editor catalogues the image files.
Nasty, because I have to click this away every time when I open an image in Topaz.

Best regards,

Thomas

Please provide all required information as outlined in this section. Also you need to say what the file type is, the editor you are using etc., etc.

@morusth Please try downloading a brand new Photo AI installer from our Topaz Labs Download Page and use it to overwrite/repair your current installation – if this behavior persists, please write back with your system profile and your Photo AI log files like AiDon mentioned above.

Thanks!

I did as advised. Now when opening an image, I see a new error message:
“could not load model”.
Log file enclosed
2023-04-24-22-34-9.tzlog (121.8 KB)

I’m experiencing the same issue after updating, “Could not load model” in lower left corner any time I try opening any image

Update, positive:

After I had deleted the previous installation and redone the installation again, the program now seems to run properly again, at least I did not get any error messages with the first trial image.

Please open Topaz Photo AI, go to the menu bar on the top and click the Help > Open Log Folder menu option. Attach the logs files that you can see in the window that opens.

Your installation of Topaz Photo AI is likely missing model files from an error in the installer. I can send next steps once I see the logs.

2023-04-24-23-36-7.tzlog (668.5 KB)
2023-04-24-23-45-45.tzlog (1.2 MB)
2023-04-24-23-47-55.tzlog (186.0 KB)
2023-04-24-23-48-35.tzlog (125.0 KB)
2023-04-24-23-53-47.tzlog (2.1 MB)

My files are freezing since the update!! sorry I did it! the programme was great before. I am working from Lightroom

Thanks for sending the logs over. It looks like Topaz Photo AI can’t access the model files for some reason.

Thanks for sending the installer logs over. I have a few options we can try to fix this.

First, in MacOS System Settings > Privacy & Security > Full Disk Access, enable full disk access for both Installer and Topaz Photo AI.

Then, go to Privacy & Security > Files and Folders, enable the Downloads folder for Installer.

Run the installer and let me know what happens. You can get the installer from the downloads page here:
https://topazlabs.com/downloads/

Could you describe what the issue is? If you are using a Mac, please try the troubleshooting steps here.
Topaz Photo AI Freezes on Importing Image (Mac)

2023-05-02-22-54-43.tzlog (93.3 KB)
2023-05-02-22-57-37.tzlog (119.7 KB)
2023-05-02-22-59-17.tzlog (93.7 KB)
2023-05-02-23-02-46.tzlog (176.3 KB)

Followed steps, same issue, “Could not load model”

AGAIN: The issue described does not appear with versions 1.3.2 and 1.3.3. However, I cannot use these versions, because the cropping does not work properly in these versions (Output DNG is cropped totally differently than the crop selected in TOPAZ).

The issue can be narrowed down as follows: This apparently only happens if I have assigned a rating to the image in my editor prior to loading into TOPAZ (used stand alone). TOPAZ says it cannot load the image due to unsupported file, but it loads the image regardless and everything works fine, apart from the error message which I always have to click away, wenn loading an image. TOPAZ indicates that the relevant file causing the error message is an XMP file. Nevertheless, it seems to load alle the metadata , since the output DNG shows has all the metadata, including the rating assigned to the original image.

Please respond to this specific issue, not regarding another issue as before.

Please email help@topazlabs.com it would be easier to troubleshoot there.

I can see what the issue is and have more instructions we can try.

The crop issue should be fixed in the v1.3.4 update coming tomorrow. The latest versions already have a fix for the XMP error you are seeing so the next update should resolve this.

Thank you for the announcement.
Looking forward to v1.3.4.

Best regards,

Thomas
morusth@gmail.com

The cropping issue is resolved in v1.3.4.
Also the XMP-error seems to be resolved.
BUT: Now an error message appears relating to the .on1 sidecar file, which contains the edits made, and is apparently created even if I did not make any edits. Probably, the side car file is created already when the editing software is cataloguing the files.
A feeling of DESPERATION is kicking in.

Please send me the Raw file and the .on1 sidecar file so we can add a solution for this.

You can securely submit your file(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

Dear Lingyu

Many thanks for your response. I have uploaded 3 files: one .RAF file, and the related .on1 and .xmp files.

Looking forward to the resolution. I believe it is needless to repeat that I have encountered

• the error related to the .xmp file (now apparently resolved in version 1.3.4) for the first time in v1.3.1;
  • the error related to the .on1 file for the first time in v.1.3.4 (maybe it was occurring already in v.1.3.1, but the error message solely mentioned the .xmp file);

Since my purchase of Topaz AI some months ago, I did not change my workflow, always assigned a rating to the images in ON1 Photo RAW in the preview/catalogue mode, without activating the editing mode, before loading the .RAF file into Topaz AI used in stand alone mode. Have not used Topaz as plugin for a long time, because this results in files of massive sizes.

Best regards, Thomas