Recommend new M3 Pro Config and RAM for video AI

Hello, current user of Topaz suite. I’ve used Video AI with an M1 Macbook Pro with 16 RAM; slow but works. I’m upgrading to a new Macbook M3 Pro with 32 RAM and wondering if anyone things the Max with 96 RAM would make a significant difference. Or maybe a Max chip with 32 RAM. Also curious does anyone know of education discounts or back to school specials? I have version 3 now and will be upgrading to 5. Thank you!

I would not recommend getting a MacBook for Video AI. For the same money you can get a well cooled PC with a good GPU. :eyes:

I maintain IT professionally but my personal time is too valuable to use Windows. Just looking for Mac Silicon recommendations since I’m upgrading. Thank you!

You underestimate my computing history. I used Mac computers exclusively between 2008 and 2018. All machines suffered from servere quality issues, some rendered unoperable after aproximately 3,5 years. They were just not made for the hard work I am afraid. :confused:

2001 PowerBook G4 Titanium
2006 MacBook CoreDuro
2008 iMac 24 "
2011 iMac 21,5 "
2013 MacBook Pro 13 "
2015 iMac 5 k 27 "
2018 MacBook Pro 13 "

An Apple M3 might perform like this Benchmark:

A Windows machine performs like this:

Even a PC with a dated RTX 2080 ti from 2018 would perform better than the Apple M3:

That’s great. Just looking for Mac Silicon recommendations since I’m upgrading. Thank you!

All the M chips seem to preform about the same. The ultra variations are faster.