Re-Photography Project - Of Small Home Town

I just downloaded the trial to give it a test run. I always start just on my own to see how intuitive an unfamiliar software is. When I looked at their site I saw the options for standalone, plugin or “deluxe” (both). If I hit the wall then I look for tutorials.

Will see - relative to the examples others posted above - whether I’ll get all I’d need (given how infrequently I create sketches) with the Studio options above vs the ~$72 for Akvis. Sometimes I’ll do things like convert to a sketch (or illustration) then add a blend mode in Ps just to add a bit of character (w/out being overly obvious) to a photo. Thx for the heads up to this s/w!

1 Like

Just sent him a note. Thx!

1 Like

The DropBox is doing odd things - some Looks/Presets download and work straight away - others d/load and fail to open. I am not sure if this is Studio’s fault, or DropBox?!?!?

Hmmm. It’s funny b/c in the past few weeks I haven’t been able to do what I used to be able to do in Dropbox anymore - namely, put files in a Public folder then copy and share links with people. They don’t get anything. So perhaps they’ve been making changes that have rendered Dropbox useless… That would be too bad.

Just prior to that happening, some .dng’s I’d sent in to the local paper with my shots turned out completely dark and awful. Something that had never happened previously.

LMG - Starbucks is in the DropBox - it gives as has been mentioned - an Akvis Sketch look.

There is a CC technique I have named GLIMM - Glowing Lines/Inverted/Monochrome in Multiply mode. LMG Starbucks is a handy shorthand preset to get almost that GLIMM look.

2 Likes

Good to know! Thx for that info on tradeoff approaches to a sketched effect. :pencil2:

1 Like

FYI, I tested that software & decided to get it (with my student discount qualifier!) to complement the functionality in Topaz Studio 2. Thx for mentioning it. While checking them out (I’d never heard of AKVIS before) I also tested their NatureArt program and decided to buy it too. I’ve already developed a tutorial for them using it to show how to convert a midday landscape shot into a sunset shot using their product as a Ps CC plugin. Thx for sharing the info!

1 Like

I run a Facebook Group for Akvis Sketch and Akvis Draw.
Come and join us?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good to know! I’ll do that. I’d like some inspiration and idea sharing. But I anticipate being intimidated by real talent…

B/c I’m not a social media maven (and concerned about privacy on social media) I’ll join under my Facebk alias!!

1 Like