RAW crop on 2.4 Photo Ai

I’ve tried the new interface for the first time on a CR3 image, decided to crop and enhance 2X. When re-opened in Adobe RAW, the crop is wrong (it was of a bird and the tail was cropped into). The image showd the same (wrong) crop when opened in PS however Windows image viewer shows the crop to be correct.
At the moment I find the interface confusing (compared to the old one) but has potential.
I liked the ability to view the highlighted ‘subject’ chosen on the old interface (I could check really easily if any mismatch had happened and thus correct it) however this feature appears to be missing on v 2.4.0

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.0] on [Windows]

Can you confirm which Lightroom plugin you are using from the list below:

• RAW Plugin > accessed through File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo
  • External Editor Plugin > accessed through Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI

Topaz Labs | Support | The Recommended RAW Workflow | Lightroom Classic

From Topaz Photo Ai directly to PS RAW, not from the plug-in.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

I’ve not been able to replicate the effect unfortunately but then I’m now on Photo Ai 2.4.1, so it might be sorted (perhaps)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.