Project Files

I’ve had and continue to have unreliable results with restoring Project files since introduced and the same with subsequent updates.
The first scenario: I edit a 16bit TIFF (3168 x 4752) straight out of Lightroom, I add multiple adjustments, Save As Project file, a few hours later after a reboot I reopen with the error as attached, then the Project file vanishes from the HDD.
The second the same as above, but the Project file remains unopenable.
The third, the file opens with a doubled-up preview as attached, a few seconds later, the preview resets to a single image as it should be, then the masks appear with the black and white, all normal, then a few seconds later the masks turns solid white with the adjustments applied to the whole image, the mask edits do not appear. This one I’ve experienced only with 1.3.2.

Topaz Studio Ver: 1.3.2 As standalone only
Operating System: Windows 10 V1703
CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 (4GB) with current driver
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 375.63
CPU RAM (MB): 16360
VRAM [Total, Used] (MB): 4096, 3659 (Is it normal for Used to be so high??)
Preview Limit (Pixels): 6232

Firstly, because you are using Impression, your NVIDIA driver is way out of date and should be at 385.69. Go to the NVIDIA web site and download and install the latest drivers and see if that helps.

Secondly, I hope that you export from LR and then open the image with the standalone version as the workflow is not suitable for Lightroom when using Project files as LR wont recognize them.

Thirdly, the Project file you are showing in the second screen shot only has a image with one Adjustment, Impression, applied. There are another 3 project files open in the session though.

I have tried but I don’t have any issue re-opening .TSP images.

Thanks Don.
Driver updated and TIFFs exported from LR. Using Studio as stand alone only.
I’ll see how I go now for a few days before reporting back.

Topaz Studio Ver: 1.3.2
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 385.69
CPU RAM (MB): 16360
VRAM [Total, Used] (MB): 4096, 3796
Preview Limit (Pixels): 6361

1 Like

I do have an ongoing problem with Project Files.
Using Studio stand alone, I open a 16bit TIFF exported from Lightroom, I apply Blur and Color Overlay Adjustments with zero edits
I save as a Project and close the project.
I reopen the Project to be greeted by this familiar error.

Last night after the driver update I was sure the issue was gone with the many project files generally opening AOK.
The attachment in my previous post showing the doubled up preview is a regularly occurance as the file loads.
My previous comment about Project files vanishing after the open error has happened several times today.
I’m thinking there’s still something not right with my system, even after the video card upgrade last week.
Are there any other system details other than those previously supplied which might help with the diagnosis??

For a start that doubled up preview was caused by the GPU driver, the other question I have is does your PC have a Dual GPU system, i.e. a Intel GPU and a NVIDIA? Because typically the Display GPU (Basic) is the default and you have to select the High-performance NVIDIA either through the NVIDIA Control Panel settings or from the application Icon when right-clicking.

As for the lost Project files make sure first that they are not saved to different locations on your PC as I have recently reported that the Save as only saves to the recently opened file location, not the last saved file location.

If none of that helps please raise a technical support request at the Submit a Ticket link above.