Program shuts down suddenly after new update installed

I updated Topaz photo AI yesterday and now it shuts down within a few minutes of opening it.

What is your OS, RAM, GPU and vRAM with driver version.

Have you searched the forum to see if there are others with your issue?

I’m using Windows 10 - 64 bit, Intel (R) Core ™ i5-5200 CPU @2.2 GHz (4 CPUs) with 8192 MB RAM and DirectX 12. Graphics is Intel 5500 version 20.19.15.4531. Lightroom keeps telling me to update the graphics driver, but I’ve been unable to do it. I think this may be the problem, or at least one of them.

I looked but couldn’t see anything related on the forum.

UPDATE: I’ve just run a compatibility program on my laptop, and it detected issues. They have been corrected, and it seems ok at the moment. I would still appreciate any thoughts you might have.

You should be able to download a DHCP driver from the Intel website from this link, note that this GPU

Thank you for the information. When I follow the link and attempt to download a driver from Acer, it says the page can’t be found. I’m thinking of either getting a tech person to install the latest version, or investing in a new laptop. What would you suggest (OS,RAM,GPU,vRAM, driver) to get the most out of Topaz photo AI? I don’t need video capabilities.

That isn’t a link to Acer that I posted, it is a link to Intel the GPU manufacturer.

Hi there. Thank you for your help. The link wouldn’t automatically install a new driver. Eventually it directed me to Acer as I need support directly from them. I thinking of getting a new laptop as this one is old and slow.