Preview Button Erroneously Locked When No Transform Settings Are Changed

[If you are posting a new bug, please include the following]

1. The bug / behavior you have encountered
    If I generate a preview, for example “Preview (5 frames)”, the Preview button ghosts and becomes unavailable-- I understand the presumed logic here: “Why re-render when nothing has changed?”
    HOWEVER, I was pleased with the 5-frame result, so I just want to render a longer preview with the exact same settings. This, I can not do, because I can’t use the Preview button.

Random thought: If I try to re-render something exactly as I have rendered previously, treat it like an INSTANT result, and if I try to re-render the exact same thing, just switch me to the correct existing result, and take advantaged of the already-rendered frames if I generate a longer preview from it.

(I did do a search)
[Please be sure to have searched for your bug before posting. Duplicate posts will be removed.]

1 Like

Exactly. I have encountered this over and over and it should be corrected. There is no need to lock the button if I want to view a longer preview.

If you move the play head the preview button will unlock and you can change the duration.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.