Presets won't open

Just used 3.0.4 for the first time. My presents won’t open / function. Is there an issue with that or do I have to create new ones?

Photo AI does an amazing job with one issue and that is distortions in the face and hands
I wish the image box that shows the face being fixed was larger and covered the entire head. Having only part of the hair looking sharp, it’s tough not having all of the hair as sharp

Please take a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening.

Loom is a great free application for this: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording

John,

I’m on a Mac and just recorded 37 seconds and it’s 115.6 mb in size. So not something that I can email to you.

So here is what is happening. I drop a jpeg for processing. Once the enhancements start to show up on the right, I close them and go to my preset and it won’t add those in. Maybe they were already added, but there is no way to tell. I see they have added a check mark once the enhancements are done, but it doesn’t show what you are processing at. I would be nice if it would say Preset: 1 or something like that. I have found that letting the co-pilot run it for me, doesn’t give me the results that I want.

I’ve always had a problem knowing when the enhancements are done. So the check mark is a HUGE improvement. If the enhancements are too strong I get distorted faces on occasion, but mostly on things like hands.
I’m working on photos I took at concerts in the late 70’s. I was the head photographer for a Music newspaper in Madison, WI and was photographing 70-80 concerts a year for about 3 years. I have thousands of images that I am going through and trying to get prepped for my Classic Rock website. The images are better than they were without using Photo AI, but it is sooooooo slow. I haven’t timed it lately, but it was taking 4-10 minutes per image. I asked for a way to have it run through a bunch of images without my having to load them one at a time, but since I don’t know at what level it is enhancing, I have to baby sit every image being processed.

Hope this help, Tom

Thomas Giles
Giles Photography & The Frame Works
Giles Sports Photography
4812 Fairfax Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701-8024

715-834-2993
email: tom@gilesphoto.com
By appointment only

www.gilesphoto.com
www.ClassicRock-Photos.com
facebook

Giles Photography, because you can see the difference!

Thanks for that feedback and going through that workflow with me here. If you still have that video recording you can securely submit your file(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

John, Just uploading the video of my issue.

Thanks, Tom

Thomas Giles
Giles Sports Photography
4812 Fairfax Street

715-834-2993
By appointment only

www.gilesphoto.com
facebook

Thanks for sending in that video file. I have not been able to replicate this behavior on my machine but would like to get some more information about the presets you are using. In the video Preset 25%, is this preset only using the Upscale feature?

John,

Since once it starts, I don’t have a clue as to the power it is doing the denoise and sharpening, so I delete them and then add the preset. That has always worked before, but not now, so all it does in resize the image.
I love a lot of what Photo AI does, but things like this and how long it takes to have it run through the process.

Hope this helps, Tom

Thomas Giles
Giles Sports Photography
4812 Fairfax Street

715-834-2993
By appointment only

www.gilesphoto.com
facebook

John,

OK this is very odd. Now I can use the preset but I have to delete the upscale and then use the preset.
Again, I don’t know why but it is working at this point.

Thanks, Tom

Thomas Giles
Giles Sports Photography
4812 Fairfax Street

715-834-2993
By appointment only

www.gilesphoto.com
facebook

1 Like