Post DeNoise Processing?

Several of the YouTube DeNoiseAi and Sharpen Ai videos I’ve watched say that after using them you should then finish processing the images in Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. I assume this means performing the usual exposure, contrast, color adjustments, but are you also supposed to “fine tune” clarity, sharpen, radius, masking, etc. or has DeNoise and/or Sharpen Ai already taken care of that?

Thanks!

I am no expert, but I now do all my editing in On1 Photo Raw. If I feel an image requires the use of Topaz DeNoise AI, I do the basic processing in On1, ie tone and colour only. However, following the advice of others on this forum, I do not adjust contrast at this stage. I then send the Image to DN AI as a TIFF, do the requisite there and return it to On1. I then adjust contrast and do more advanced editing if the image requires it (including anything with layers).
I sometimes use Topaz Sharpen AI as well, but always after DeNoise. I also have a lot of old, low-res JPGs that I have upscaled using GigaPixel AI. This I did after all other processing was complete.

I’ve always followed the rule that denoising has to happen before any other processing to be effective. The noise tends to be enhanced by the other steps, and gets harder and harder to suppress as you go along.

I understand the order of use for Topaz products. What I am unclear about is after running an image thru Sharpen Ai and sending it back to Lightroom do I need to use the masking and sharpening features in Lightroom or has that all been taken care of in Sharpen Ai?

Thanks!

No you will not need to do any further sharpening. Topaz Sharpen AI is way more sophisticated than anything you’ll find in a general photo editing app. I mostly use the Stabilize function, since I take wildlife shots handheld and using a not very high-end lens!

Thanks!