Photographs not loading properly. pls help

I have an image of a lion shot on the Fuji GFX100s. It’s 7700x9935. Flattened Tif file.

Large sections of the image are greyed out and I can’t edit the sharpness.

Please advise.

Thanks for sending in that screenshot of your application.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

The files are uploading now. I didn’t process the image because it looked like that, so I just sent the Original.

The Settings panel is just that Sharpen panel that’s open.

The .TIFF file you sent in already appears to have this effect present on it even before importing the image to Topaz Photo AI. What program are you using to edit this image before working in Topaz Photo AI?

The Tiff file looks fine on my side? Here’s a screen shot of the file I sent open in my PS.

I edit in Photoshop beta.

I FIGURED IT OUT

It was because of the channels saved in the image. I deleted the saved mask in the Channel and the problem went away.

1 Like

I was able to pull up your image in Photoshop and it appears correct. When I was first investigating this image I viewed the image with Mac Preview and received the attached screenshot below.

Can you try pulling up the TIFF file in Mac Preview and see if you receive the same? In the meantime, I have reached out to some of others members on the team to see if they have any more insight as to what the issue might be with this image.

[quote=“jason.matias, post:6, topic:66548, full:true”]
I FIGURED IT OUT

It was because of the channels saved in the image. I deleted the saved mask in the Channel, and the problem went away.

I’m not sure if this is the best solution in the future or why it was happening that way

1 Like

Awesome!

I’m glad you got it working

I have talked with some members of the team and learned that TIFF files can have an alpha channel, which controls the transparency/opacity. If you saved that alpha channel setting to the image, Topaz Photo AI respects this setting so it will display parts as transparent.

This is usually quite rare, do you happen to have a reason why the alpha channel was being used for your TIFF file?