PhotoAI 1.2.9 going down at preview update again after refining subject

PhotoAI 1.2.7 is going down suddenly at processing noises again after refining subject.

I don’t know the procedure of reproduce, since PhotoAI going down not on same photo, same # of photos choosing on Lightroom. But it occurs 100% during “preview update” in my experience when choosing 5 or more photos,

This occurs on 1.2.7 (or 1.2.6 also). I don’t think this occurred before 1.2.5.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1: select multiple photos on lightroom and start photoAI from plugin extras.
  2. Step 2: customizing the photos 1 by 1 (usually select sharpening, and refining subject.
  3. Step 3 sometimes PhotoAI is going down at preview update after refining subject
  4. “Failed to copy “add support”” is shown on Lightroom.

Topaz Photo AI v1.2.7 on Windows.
Using i9, 64GB RAM, GeForce 3060 GPU.

Default Subject Type:Default
Face Detection: Off

Hey @KSg! Can you upload your full dxdiag for us to check out as well, just want to see what Nvidia drivers you have for your 3060 there – How to Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)

Also, the next time this occurs, can you immediately relaunch Photo AI and gather your logs to upload here?

Thank you!

Hello,

The crash occurred every time when I edit more than 10 pics.
The crash timing os vary, at editing, or at saving…

I attached the logs and profiles. Please see and fix them soon.
2023-03-31-09-30-21.zip|atta
WS000966
chment
(1.2 MB)

Thanks, just to confirm, does this happen on version 1.2.9 as well?

Yes, it happens on 1.2.9 more than 10 times.

Hello,
This crash occurs even on 1.2.10.
On 1.2.10, it occurs almost 100% if editing multiple files.
But it also occur even at editing single photo.

How is the investigation progress?
I can’t use PhotoAI for now.
Unfortunately I don’t know how to reproduce the issue, but please let me know if I can help investigating the root cause, or possible workaround.

Hello, again

This can be a hint?
I noticed this crash occurred only on the photos taken with OM system OM-1. this crash didn’t occur the ones taken with Sony Alpha-1.
The crash have not occurred on more than 200 photos if using alpha-1. On the other hand, the crash occurred every time if the photos on OM-1 and editing more than 5 photos from lightroom.

So it looks the crash depends on the camera/lens profile or file size/pixcels.
Hope this helps to fix.
Here’re the data.

1. Data with crash
    Camera: OM system OM-1
    Lense: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO
    Photo size: 5220x3912(ORF) ->5784x3888 (DNG)

2. Data without crash
    Camera:Sony alpha1
    Lens: SEL600F40GM * 1.4tc
    Photo size:8660x5764(ARW) → 8640x5760(DNG)

Thanks for reporting this and sharing the logs for this issue. It looks like this is a known crash that we have been able to reproduce and are currently working on fixing.

For now, I would recommend using the batch of OM-1 images with the Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI method instead of using File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI to prevent the crashing.

Most likely Topaz Photo AI will not crash when using TIF or JPG (non-RAW file types).

1 Like