Photo "temp" and "tint" changed after Topaz Photo AI processing

Topaz Photo AI is changing the temp and tint of the original file.

Open a raw photo “.arw” in Lightroom 13.3. Pick a photo and sent to Topaz Photo AI for processing. The photo is analyzed and processed with default autopilot settings. I accept the changes and click on “Send back to LrC”. After the “.dng” file gets created it opens in Lightroom. When I compare the original “.arw” file with new “.dng” file the color temp and tint is changed. In this particular case 5,550 to 5,300 and +18 to +25. This cases the image to be oversaturated and very warm. I do not expect this change to be introduced by Topaz Photo AI. Especially I do not perform any other than noise reduction or sharpening processing in Photo AI.

To compare I sent the same “.arw” file to “denies” by adobe build it functionality and the new “.dng” file comes without any color changes.

Topaz Photo AI v3.0.4 on Mac

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

I uploaded files few days ago and replied to the email. Just realized the email never got to you, so here is the note.

I was able to replicate this color shift on my machine while working with these file from the Sony ILCE-6400.

I have added this information to a task that the developers are currently working on and will be sure to reach back out to you on this thread once we have more information in regard to this issue.

In the meantime I will note that if you use the Photo > Edit In > Topaz Photo AI plugin while using Lightroom Classic the color shift did not appear.

Thanks for following up on this. I’m glad you were able to reproduce the problem so at some point we will see the fix :-).

I understand following /Edit In/Topaz Photo AI will not produce color shift. Good to know, however this actually creates the tiff file which is send for the editing. This is not the same workflow I prefer to use as I send 100’s of pictures for processing at the same time.

Any idea how soon may this be fixed?

While we do not have an exact timeframe I can inform you that coming releases have many different fixes for an array of Camera profiles. I will be sure to reach out to you on this thread if any more information can be provided :slight_smile: