Photo Ai v 2.2.2 is Unusable

This version is worse than the poorest Beta version and should never have been released.
Out of 10 photos
1 Total freeze at the very end of saving
2 After Cropping and of course saving the Cropped versin, the file saved is the uncropped version
3 Simply saving an photo is suddenly cropped (one time the thumbnail during save shows full image, the next time it shows it cropped. Then no matter what I try, the image is cropped.

Frustrating as hell. I have been using Topaz ever since the very beginning and this is 2.2.2 version the worst thing I have ever seen from Topaz.

Just in case anyone wonders if I have a hardware problem, I rather doubt it. The prior 2.2.1 (?) version worked without any failures.

I’m going back to using Gigapixel v 6.3.3 which works fine.

4 Likes

@AiDon: I know that. All my lenses in that list.

Raise a support request at the main website using the blue callout or send an email to help@topazlabs.com

2 Likes

I can’t get it to load, but I guess it is unusable?

Do you have log’s? Do you have a message? Do you have your system specifications?

It’s very hard to know where to start to help if you supply NO information.

Hello. I have also installed 2.2.2. I am a brand new user. The activation will not go through. I am trying to troubleshoot with anti-virus and firewall settings. I have still failed. I am so frustrated.

Just make sure your browser has popups enabled and you are using the email address for your account. If you are having issues with FireFox use an alternative browser as your default.

I continue to have crashing problems on a regular basis with every update since update 2.1.4.
I am running Photo AI on an MSI laptop with Intel i5-9300 CPU 2.4 ghz, 8 mb RAM with a GeForce GTX 1650 graphics processor.
Again, program worked flawlessly before update 2.1.4 and thereafter. No other changes to my computer.

I guess I’m lucky then I haven’t been able to get 2.2.2 installed. Came here by clicking support… Because 2.2.2 update screen and running version 2.1.0 of Photo Ai just disappear from all running processes when “Install Now” is clicked.
Says I have 7 updates available. Maybe I’ll roll the dice and see if I can get a previous version to install and let hem work on 2.2.2 a bit more.
Not great when the more you use it the less inclined you are to use it.

The more I think about it the more I’m inclined to stay with 2.1.0 It’s stable, if a little problematic with color shift. Win 11 on Alienware M17 R3 laptop i-7, 16gb, RTX 2070S, 4k displays.

That is probably your issue, download v2.2.2 from either the release thread or from your account.

sorry, but Ph AI v 2.2.2 is unuseble, after update (after 2.2.1 the same) everything freezing, slow working is a disaster. (MacBook Pro, 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB and 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM) in 2023 before all this last updates system was working very fine.

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

Topaz Photo AI | Windows Installer

Topaz Photo AI | Mac Installer

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

This topic was automatically closed after 54 days. New replies are no longer allowed.