Photo AI using 99% of CPU even with no Photo being edited

I have have been using Photo AI for a couple months now and it worked fine until recently. Lately, it takes so long to process an image that it is effectively unusable. On the activity monitor of my Mac it shows it using 99% of CPU resources. I have tried restarting the computer and just opening Topaz Photo AI with no image loaded and it still shows that it is using 99% of CPU, even after many minutes. I am running version 2.3.1 on a 2017 iMac with 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 16GB of ram and Ventura 13.6.4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey David, have you reached out to support directly? You will get a faster response by opening a support ticket then on the community forums.

Use the blue pop-up box on the right if you want to open a ticket.

I was having some challenges on a Windows machine similar your your and went back to the version that ran well for me. I did this while working with support so that I still had a working platform until we got resolution. You can find the old versions here if you are interested:

1 Like

I am having the same issue! Previous versions worked fine…upgraded and it takes so long that it isn’t functional.

I was having the same issue…and this resolved by following the steps for Photo AI freezing. Hope it helps you as well. Topaz Photo AI Freezes on Importing Image (Mac) - Topaz Labs

1 Like

@carol.may you are spot on!

@david.amundsen can you follow the instructions below to try and fix this issue:

Topaz Photo AI Freezes on Importing Image (Mac)

Thanks, I’ll try that soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 59 days. New replies are no longer allowed.