Photo AI not opening when sending pics from Capture One

While this could be a C1 issue it just popped up with the second latest Photo AI release. When I click on “edit in” from the C1 menu Photo AI still appears as an option but won’t open the image once I send it there.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1 - Click “image” on the C1 toolbar and click “edit with.”
  2. Step 2 - Click on Topaz Photo AI
  3. Step 3 - nothing happens

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

If you use Edit with what type of image are you sending. If you use Open with it won’t work as Photo AI will not overwrite RAW images.

When I click edit and hit ok in the dialogue box to send the file to PAI C1 produces a .tiff version of the RAW file, in this case a Fuji RAF file. PAI then opens up on it’s own and begins working on the tiff. When it’s done it sends it back to C1 where the originally created tiff file is updated with the PAI enhancements. That’s the way it’s been working for me since I started using this workflow. As of yesterday PAI will not open after I click edit and ok the dialogue box. I have to open PAI manually then go to the C1 catalogue folder containing the tiff and import it. When the PAI edits are done and I process the image it saves back into the catalogue rather that coming back to C1.

Has anything changed on your PC as I just tried from C1 (v16.x.x) and I don’t have an issue? If not check to see if it shows in the Plugins settings and if it does please raise a support request at the main website.

Not that I know of. I am using the Fuji version if that makes a difference. It was working perfectly beforehand though.

Do you have the latest version of C1, 16.2, installed?