Photo AI 1.3.8 is doing well with faces but ignoring all the other noise in old photo scanned at 1200 dpi

Photo AI 1.3.8 is doing well with faces but ignoring all the other noise in old photo scanned at 1200 dpi.

That doesn’t look like digital noise, which is the focus of Photo AI, but more like photographic paper or magazine print that has deteriorated.

As it stands scan’s, which may be processed OK, are not supported anyway because all the model training has been carried out on digital noise.

Yes, but your program does a good job of clearing all the noise around the faces, why does it only work on the faces?! This whole scene has a square window over each face which has been worked, and the rest of the image still looks terrible. This is the 3rd time I have bought apps from you that show backgrounds smoothing out and then they don’t deliver. You must have a solution for this. Please help me.

Firstly it isn’t my program as I am not an employee of Topaz Labs.

Secondly, as I mentioned, it is NOT designed to process scan’s although it may work in some cases.

Thirdly that is NOT digital noise, to test you can turn off Face Recovery and see what the result is.

Thanks Don,

I didn’t realize you weren’t an employee.

Yes, I see a lot of this kind of thing but for me, the issue is the unintelligent cut-off of the facial recovery ending halfway down the neck. This can be resolved by adding/increasing noise removal but that then impacts the rest of the image and may be detrimental overall. I actually came here to post several images impacted by this issue but this seems closely related.