Out of memory error VAI 351

[If you are posting a new bug, please include the following]

1. The bug / behavior you have encountered
  2. Your system profile
  3. Your log files (Help > Logging > Get Logs for Support)
  4. Any screenshots as necessary

[Please be sure to have searched for your bug before posting. Duplicate posts will be removed.]

Running stabilization on a short mp4 clip (30 sec). Runs all terminate in “out of memory” error.

System is a Mac mini (Intel) 2018 running Ventura with all updates. System: 64GB RAM, 2 SSD. GPU: RX 5700 XT.

I have quit and relaunched VAI. I have reduced the memory allowed under VAI settings to 30. I’ve also reinstalled VAI. Nothing has allowed me to get a simple stabilization run to complete.

WTF? Why can’t VAI manage memory? I’m ok if it takes longer to process, if the run would simply complete.

Getting tired of this.

Hello,
Could you send us an email at help@topazlabs.com with the full log files from the app?

To gather logs, please select Help > Logging and make sure that there is a check mark next to File Logging. Next, recreate the issue and then return to the Help menu and select > Get Logs for Support and attach the “logsForSupport” file to your reply.

Tony, my apologies for the rant. This was cockpit error.

I raised the issue with Tech Support. They reminded me that although my Mini has lots of RAM, Ventura only allocates ~2GB for video processing, which is below the minimum system requirement for TVAI. Which puzzled me, because this is the first time I’ve run into this error, although I’ve run TVAI hundreds of times on this system. With an eGPU.

Oops. Checking things out, the Thunderbolt cable connecting the RX 5700 XT eGPU to my Mini had failed. So the eGPU’s 8GB of RAM was not in fact available to TVAI.

Replaced that cable, TVAI now runs without the memory error.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.