Open Recent for Project Files in TS2

I’m just wondering why in TS2, you’re unable to open a saved file in the ts2 format using Open Recent. The only way to open the project is to use Open Image Project.

Is it possible to include this feature in upcoming updates?

Thanks

1 Like

I think it doesn’t happen because the first time it is a “Save as” but if you open it again and use Save it will appear in there recent file list.

I noticed this with TS1 too. With most other software anything you create seems to be immediately added to the “Recent” list - but not with Studio! What you have to do is actually open a newly created file - either image file or project - and then it will appear in the recent list.

Not quite on same topic, but I would also like an EXPORT button for any image brought into TS2. When I use Capture One to open an image in TS2, there is no EXPORT option, just save. There is always a SAVE AS option in TS1.

I have the same problem. When I googled the extension “ts2”, it seems to conflict with a Time Stamp Troubleshoot so Windows won’t recognize it as an extension to which you can assign Studio 2 as the default program.

Just change the file association in the settings panel. If you are using times stamp, a project tracker, just change it.

Hi, Don … it doesn’t work … Windows 10 v1909 … there are no .ts2 extensions listed when trying to assign a default app. It goes, in order: … .ts .tsp .tsv
Not the end of the world: I can right-click the file in Explorer; then Open With (Studio 2), or look for it in Studio 2 Recent Files list.

This is the tool I use to force obscure file associations to behave themselves in Windows.

File Type Manager

I am not sure why you should use a external utility as file associations from settings in Win 10 shows the .TSP & .TS2 files as you can see from this screenshot, you just need to associate it with Topaz Studio 2:

Then you need to have a TS2/ts2 file somewhere, right click and select open with, search for Studio 2 and then click always open with this application and you will get:

It allows a deeper level of specialized functionality to be defined for the file types. For example, edit versus open can be done in two different programs. This is helpful when two different types of program use the same file extension for different purposes.