Open from Python app without return

Hello

I open the images from a specially created Python app. The reason for this is that I do the image editing on Linux and only have to switch to Windows for special things like Photo AI. So I come up with a list of file paths that I can open from my app.

Code:

subprocess.Popen("C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Photo AI\Topaz Photo AI.exe" + paths_to_open)

That works so far, I can edit the image. But I think Photo AI wants to give me the image back. Instead of “Export Image”, it says “Export To Python” and the save dialog is skipped.

Can I get around this? I want the process to be the same as if I had opened the image manually, I don’t need it back in the app.

Regards Yves

I’d like to get a better understanding of the workflow you are using in order to help troubleshoot this problem you are reporting. Please take a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening.

Loom is a great free application for this : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording

Thanks John, I will do that later

1 Like

Here is the video. I hope you can see it well enough.
Photo AI Export To Python – Mit Clipchamp erstellt_1718428628431.mp4

I hope the video is running now. Otherwise you can download it by clicking on the link at the top left

Thanks for sending that in, I have reached out to some of the developers in order to see if they can give some feedback as to what is happening while using this workflow.

Either one of my colleagues or myself will reach out to you once we have some more information as to why this might be happening.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like