Nvidia new AI upscaling tool "RTX Video Super Resolution" 🥳

2 Likes
2 Likes

Now, every vendor is doing VSR.

2 Likes

I have been using RTX super-resolution non-stop since it was released. I hooked my 3080 ti equipped PC to LG OLED 4K television, and have been watching all of the series through Chrome browser.

The quality improvement is stunning! No more blocky compression artefacts and the edges are crisp.

Obviously, it is not all sunshine and sundaes: there is still weird flickering sometimes, and AI cannot decide how to resolve some dark/low colour areas. And colour banding in colour shifts could definitely be better in places. But you really have to go and look for them! Overall quality is impressive!

PRO TIP: using this guide Releases · emoose/VideoRenderer · GitHub you can harness RTX to your VEAI-enhanced movies! The performance demand of MadVR GPU acceleration + RTX super-resolution is significant: around 50% of 3080 Ti’s performance is needed to upscale 1080p to 4K in real-time.

But with this combo, you can forget upscaling movies to 4K with VEAI, I bet many of us here would NOT know which one is which.

Instead, I concentrate on converting movies like Avatar 2 to 1080p 60fps and enjoying silky smooth motion in 4K, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1 Like