New crop and upscale 2.4

I love so much of what you have done to 2.4 I hesitate to mention a change that has had a major impact on my workflow…

I tried to set my dimensions using crop and found that you had moved upscale. That makes sense but it DOES NOT show the dimensions of the cropped image only the original dimensions which I already know. I NEED to “hit” certain dimension size criteria. Either height or width and the other has to be proportional. At this time, I can’t see the end dimensions of the cropped and upscaled image.

I also noted that the export sizes were pretty low, i.e. upscale does not seem to be upscaling like it used to.

Mark, no cropped dimensions 0,0.

Not sure I understand your reply. If I crop an image (I can’t tell you what dimensions I crop it to because it shows the images original dimensions only, NOT the cropped). Then use upscale I get the original dimensions upscaled. For example, if I have a 6000x4000 image, crop it (again I don’t know to what), then upscale to 2x the displayed dimensions are 12,000x8000. I want to see cropped to 1024x920 then upscaled to 2024x1840, like it used to do.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Wow! This keeps getting weirder and weirder…

Topaz 2.3.1

As you can see in End point 2.3.1.png I set aspect 16:9 and then upscaled it to 4x (w 3656 X H 2056)

Topaz 2.4

When I do the same upscale (4X) for a 16:9 it yields (w 27840 X H 18560)! The dimensions show no change (top right) and it appears saves the image at the weird gigantic size! Then the final saved image is smaller but not consistent with the previous version (4254 X 2395). Because I cant “see” what my dimensions are as I crop and upscale I could not do a one for one with the above I shoot for 3840 X 2160 (although neither crop tools make that easy), I just try to overshoot. Then use software I wrote to back it down to the target values adjusting for the aspect ratio (so one dimension always is “right”).

Best regards,

Mark A. Northrup

816-413-0608