My version of...Köfte with cucumber melon salad

and a cool glass of Œil de Perdrix. Yummy!
Capture One, Topaz Impression

11 Likes

How appetizing, great composition and colors!

Thank you, Ken

Great job. Hope you enjoyed eating as much as I enjoyed looking.

1 Like

a very nice, well composed, well treated still life.

1 Like

Nicely done, great composition …

1 Like

Wonderful composition and processing. I have no idea what’s in the meatballs but if it involves lamb, count me in. :yum:

1 Like

positively salivating now

1 Like

Very nice still life …

1 Like

Hi Kathy, the recipe includes ground beef but I can see no reason why you could not use lamb instead or a mixture of both.

1 Like

Very nice still life! I think I would like seeing the top of the wine bottle.

1 Like

The meatballs look yummy and the painterly effect is wonderful… nicely done!

1 Like

In eastern Mediterranean cuisine - I believe it’s usually lamb or a mixture of lamb and beef but slightly further east it would be most definitely lamb ONLY

1 Like

Correct, Terry. Köfte are Turkish meatballs. The recipes probably vary depending in which part of Turkey you are.
BTW, this is the link to the recipe (if you want to challenge your German skills): Köfte mit Gurken-Melonen-Salat Rezept - [ESSEN UND TRINKEN]
I do have an English translation. Send me a message and I can send it to you. This dish is fantastic when it is hot outside e.g. as a light lunch.

2 Likes

Very nice recipe. Google Chrome has a nice feature that will translate the website from german to English and it does a pretty good job here.

1 Like

Very good. I am glad Mr. Google made it work for you. Now you just need to cook it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Peter
It’s 20 years since I practiced my German (in Germany)
I’m now so slow in that area of my brain.
I’ve sent you a PM
added later…
Must check out Œil de Perdrix at the supemarket this weekend

no problem…sent it to you
Might be difficult to find an Œil de Perdrix in the U.K. This tasty rosé is mainly produced in the western part of Switherland (Neuchatel) but also in the Valais region.