My first attempt with Beta 1.8 and AI Remix

Thank you jack.

Thanks for the comment and other options to try… I haven’t tried those.

Hi Joe, what I was trying to do was just remove the Lines (looks like veins) effects to her arm in the foreground that the AI preset produced. I would have also like to have toned the Line effect to other arm.
I tried various masking opacities but that only brought back her original skin color. I was happy with the color That AI showed but I just wanted to remove the vein looking lines. The healing brush did not provide the results I wanted.

Very encouraging news, thanks.

The masking brush works but didn’t help me achieve the result I wanted?

Where is the Color Selection eyedropper… I have not found it?
And with Brush masking are you talking about the brush in masking?

Can you provide more info or a link to finding and using the Color Selection Eyedropper tool?

Thanks, looking forward to the addition of more tools. I really like using Studio and was just hoping for more options when making corrections on my image. I guess I just have to be more patient.

This is a much better description of what you were trying to achieve. In this case, what you’re trying to do would need two copies of the ReMix adjustment applied to your image. The first adjustment would need to converted to the Color Blend mode. The second copy of ReMix would need a mask applied, to hide the spot on your arm that you’d prefer to be color-only. Let me know how that works out for you! I attached an example of my own showing the results of such a process:

Example

Now that I understand what you’re trying to do, I can see that a simple mask won’t exactly work.

The color selection only shows up for features that it would make sense to have: Color Mask, HSL Color Tune, etc. What color feature are you using? For me, I’m able to use the color dropper as soon as I click the Color button in the masking section.

We all have items in the backlog that we’d like to see moved into development, but alas, we must all (even here at TL) be patient =]

John … when using textures and I want to keep the colour of the texture but not necessarily the details of the texture in certain parts of my image, I …

• added an enhancement - Blurs and bumped the Gaussian blur all the way up

• then in the mask for the enhancement I inverted it to black and then painted back in white the bits I wanted the texture details to be removed from.

Not sure if you can add enhancements to the new AI adjustment but if you can make sense of what I wrote the method might work …

1 Like

Thanks for the info Joe, So to get the 2 same copies of the AI preset and apply the masking as you described is all I have to do is use duplicate on the first AI result?

From your example I cannot tell if they are image Layers, how did you get 2 copies of the same AI preset in the side panel to do the masking with the blending modes you mentioned.

Yes!

They’re not image layers – they’re AI ReMix Adjustments. I applied one, picked a model, then duplicated it, creating my copy. Then, I changed the first (top) adjustment in the stack to Color blend mode. Finally, I switched to the copied Adjustment, and added a simple spot mask to it, over the location of the clock, revealing the original details, but keeping the AI ReMix colors.

2 Likes

Thank you very much Joe for the info, I’m going to give it a try and see if it works.