Must preview image first or export is skipped and no changes applied

Steps to reproduce the issue

1. I select 23 TIFF images in Lightroom

2. Right click in Lightroom for “edit in Topaz photo AI”

3. I choose 'Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments.
    Schermafbeelding 2024-06-12 210208

4. The images open in Topaz.

5. I select “Select all images”

6. I apply denoise to image 1

7. Rightclick on image 1 in the strip at the bottom with all phtoos: Apply > Current settings to selected images.

8. Export 23 images.

Only 1 is exported. The rest “Skipped: no edits applied”.

This looks like a bug to me. Or did I mis something?

I attached a bunch of log files. I hope it is usefull.

This issue happened several times. Please help, because it would save a lot of time.

2024-06-12-20-42-7-2.tzlog (1.5 KB)
2024-06-12-20-30-55.tzlog (72.1 KB)
2024-06-12-20-30-55-1.tzlog (4.4 KB)
2024-06-12-20-42-7.tzlog (2.1 MB)
2024-06-12-20-42-7-1.tzlog (4.6 KB)

2024-06-13-14-07-51.tzlog (1.8 MB)

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

This seems like it should be an obvious quick fix and something that should have a bit of priority on it. An update goes out and this isn’t one of the fixes? Kind of absurd. This is a production-stopping bug.

2 Likes

Applie current setting to all images is not working. The program only upscales the first image. And the other images are skipped. ( no edits applied)

1 Like

I’d like to get more information about the workflow you use to batch-process your images. When you import the pictures in Photo AI, are you following the correct workflow that is illustrated in the following Topaz Labs Documentation page:

Topaz Photo AI | Functions | Batch Processing

Can you tell me if your Autopilot preferences are turned off or on?

When you apply changes to your first image, what steps do you do to apply the changes to all your other images?

Having more information on your workflow will make it easier to pinpoint what the issue is in order to help troubleshoot this problem.

Hi

Thank you for your quick response. The only thing I changed in prefrences is the upscale to 6x.
I never had problems before I just open a bunch of pictures select all and set upscale to 6x and then aply current settings to all…

Any batch saving is broken unless you click on and preview the image. Try any combo of anything, images will not save unless previewed. Quick fix to get us by please, just make the save function run a preview of the image first. At least then I can walk away from the computer, manually clicking every image is insanely slow.

same here, :frowning:

We have been able to replicate the issue on our side and we were able to pinpoint that it happens only when the Auto-Pilot is off.

For now, a workaround would be:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Autopilot and turn it on.
  2. Then import all your pictures.
  3. Apply preset to the first image. Then do your normal steps. Applying a preset will overrride any Auto-Pilot changes.

The Developers are investigating this new issue introduced in v3.0.3. Once the issue is fixed and released, we will be in contact directly on this thread to let you know!

2 Likes

having issues trying to batch upscale, load files, select de noise sharpen upscale, tick select all, open select all files to be same, export… only exports a few files then skips the rest.
Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

im on a m1 mac book 16 gig ram tbs of storage

This problem also persists on Version 3.0.4

While the work around is fine, and it solves a problem of Batch exporting. It still does things when the Auto Pilot, but you can delete the Auto Pilot suggestion and it will Batch the export from the selection you have then made. Which at the moment I’m happy with. Saves me from trying to manually preview 200 Images.

I just updated to topaz photo ai version 3.0.4 and for some reason whenever I try to export a large amount of photos say 100 images, sometimes I will get a message stating there were no edits applied and the image was skipped even though I defiantly did apply edits, please fix this as the bug appears to have only started after I updated to version 3.0.4

For whatever reason I cannot get batch processing to work at all.

I follow the process described in the user guide very throroughly:

1. Import your images to Topaz Photo AI.
  2. Make your manual adjustments on one image.
  3. Ctrl + A to select all images in the batch, or Shift + click to select some images from the batch.
  4. Right click the image or use the three dots to select Apply > Current Settings to All.

Click the Save button and start the batch. Every image in the batch will use the same adjustments.

No matter what I try, only the first image in a batch gets processed, all the others are skipped, even if there’s just one more.

This issue was already reported earlier: Batch process not working

Topaz Photo AI v3.0.4 on Windows

How is this not fixed yet? It’s been a month for a major production issue. Can everyone get a month added to their account for not being able to use the program correctly?? This is costing me way more money in time.

1 Like

Topaz Photo AI 3.0.4 not applying settings to all files and skipping most files during the bulk export. However, when I select a file that was skipped during bulk export, it does apply the setting to the file as expected during the single file export. This is frustrating, I did not encounter this issue before. Please advise as I cannot do this file by file for hundreds of files.

Thanks
Sushil

1 Like

I want to get some more information in order to help our developers understand what might be occurring with this problem you are reporting.

Please take a screen recording of this behavior so I can see exactly what is happening.

Loom is a great free application for this: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording

Hi, I have recorded the video of the issue. I have uploaded the video file in a zip to this reply.

TopozPhotoAI-AutoApplyAndSaveIssue.zip (39.2 MB)

I am having this exact same issue as well for Photo AI.

1 Like

I’ve also uploaded a video of this issue here.

Apply MacBook Pro 14" 2021
M1 Pro
macOS Sonoma 14.5
PhotoAI 3.0.4

Photo AI Export Issue LQ.mov.zip (38.4 MB)

1 Like

same here…