More comprehensive menu for quality encoding

Would’nt it be a good to change the menu “Quality level” for something more “accurate ou professional” ?

To

Where in “Custom” we could acces to

• Main
  • Main 10b (to rename : I am sure 50% of us did not understand that 10 was for 10bits color depth)
    for color depth

Tier level

For compression level required, depending of output results, difuser and needs

Tier profile

• Main
  • High
    This is not a useless option at all, and it does not seem to be used in TVAI
    More and more hardware are able to handle flawlessly High Tier profile. , much more than what we have things able to handle 8k …

Official Tiers are viewable by anyone if help needed : High Efficiency Video Coding tiers and levels - Wikipedia

Encoder mode

• CRF
  • ABR
  • QP
  • Mb

You can so simply base the menu of the official tiers that are used by many other encoders

To be honnest I make ALL my final compressions with VSDC to fine tune depending of my need, by outputing TVAI raw .mp4
Best should be you all got this here, licenses are expensives :slight_smile:

State of the are menus taken from VSDC

→ By giving an average Truspilot result, you would be pleased to get my collaboration to improve the product, so here’s one :slight_smile:

Proteus → Awesome
Nyx → Godlike
Chronos → Awesome
Dione → Godlike
All others are from junk to impossible to notice improvments.

So please do kick ass to all others, your’e on the right way, but some SO BASICS needs are not fullfilled, you have to take a look at it

CRF does not exist on NVENC or any of the other hardware encoders. As such, outputting to something lossless and then encoding with another program has always been the way with TVAI.

Whatever, remove CRF then, other things are fully recevable.

more options are always nice but will distract dev focus from the main stuff.

high quality topaz output is imho most likely created as an intermediate which will then be fed to further editing/finalising processes.
in that environment, you’ll probably see prores used as an output encoder (for speed and quality reasons) by an order of magnitude more often than the other options.

in the unlikely case that you really want to do your final encodes in topaz, the already existing options are actually reasonably diverse.
other than that, many free conversion programs (and pretty much all video editing programs) have extensive support for detailed h264/265, vp9 and ffv1 export settings.