Mask AI v1.3.8

Released January 19, 2021.

Windows: Full | Online

Mac: Full | Online

New Features:

• New Trimap Save dialog, permitting saving trimap in plugin mode
  • Ability to open more image formats, including raw formats like CR3
  • Automatically switch preview pane when changing background modes, to let you see what you are changing

Fixes

• Crash in auto-subject and auto-sky functions pre-calibration
  • Support for non-latin characters in file paths
  • Auto-Subject and Auto-Sky buttons stay enabled even after computing a mask
  • Misc stability fixes
3 Likes

Hi Brad, @brad.ito

A suggestion to improve the usability after pressing the panning Icon:

• Please remove the need to either press the Spacebar or click on the Pan icon before being able to use the Masking Brush, Fill tool or the Color Range tool. Currently they are disabled when Panning is selected by clicking on the Pan Icon and only the Pan Icon, and the 2 Auto Detect tools are available to select.

2 Likes

Exiting from Mask AI using the Windows “X” to exit gives the following background error (a heap corruption problem):

Faulting application name: Topaz Mask AI.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x600720f5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x27bfa5f0
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff0f9
Faulting process id: 0x1fb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ef16b62c702c
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Mask AI\Topaz Mask AI.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Note that it will occur each and every time.

I used the full installer. Installation went fine

However when opening Mask it flashes the splash screen for a second then crashes.

What is the path in regedit to turn on logging in Mask?

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I can’t seem to d/l Mask 1.3.8 completely and I crash when I try to install it. I am using Win 10/64 and Edge. I am going to try to d/l and save again to try and install from my ssd.

Has the colour replacement bug been fixed in this release where when you choose a background colour, it doesn’t replace it with the same colour? This bug has been going on now for a long time and makes the feature unusable.

Hi @brad.ito I mentioned you in a comment here about the File menu option for Save as TriMap not being there:

Since the previous version’s thread is locked I’ll repost: is batch processing (and Photoshop Action batch support) going to be added? I hope so, it’d be a gret leap for this program…
I mean batch processing using Auto mode.

What do you mean by that, this is a masking program.

This has been fixed in 1.3.9! Thanks for relaying it on.

1 Like