Mask AI v1.3.6

@john811

Oh no, sorry to hear that that’s what is happening. We had done our own testing and it has been working.

What version of Windows 10 are you using?

how find Windows 10 version

Version 2004 OS Build 19041.630

Yes Brad, only in Mask at the moment. It may be associated with clicking the X on the top right to exit whilst calculating a mask as it exists immediately.

bug report:

The displayed brush size corresponds to the black point (i don’t know why this was not taken from the screengrab), the blue mask to what is drawn.

Usually I use mask only when every other solution of photoshop fails.
Here i wanted to select the sky to adjust its color.

Win 10 PC

Installation took a little longer than normal for some reason. Ran the program with no difficulties whatsoever.
Used the following preferences:

Can you upload your logs?

SInce it crashes immediately I have not been able to turn logging on. There are no logs in the normal location.

The new program keeps crashing when using from Photoshop. I get "Error: plug-in has crashed.
I’ve uninstalled and re installed and nothing is working.

Here’s how to turn file logging on outside of the application:

1. Go to the search menu in Windows (hit the Windows key on your keyboard, start typing, or hit the spyglass icon on your taskbar)
  2. Type in reg
  3. Click Registry Editor
  4. In the search bar at the top, paste in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Mask AI\appMain
  5. This’ll open up a folder, you’ll need to double-click fileLoggingEnabled, type in true, then hit enter

Here’s a screenshot to help:

Now if you try to start the program, does a log file get generated?

Here is my log file

2020-11-27-14-28-7-Main.tzlog.txt (2.9 KB)

Remove txt extension

Also have brush size issue mentioned above. Actual brush stroke much larger than indicated brush circle. Makes it tough to outline subjects. At least I know I’m not alone!

@taylor.bishop
Hello Taylor,

Untypical problem
Your program Topaz Mask AI 1.3.6 doesn’t even start:

Win says: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)”

System: Win 7 pro, 64-bit, service packed.

• Installed from full, commercial installer (production version)
  • Mask AI (any version) never installed before
  • Your other programs still work great (incl. Studio 1/2, Simplify, and some betas before the end of trial), also all software from my laptop.

Regards,
Lech

Hi There,

I recently bought Mask AI, and i was wondering if the fact that the pixel paint (keep , discard, compute) overlaps or is bigger then the selected cursor size. this is obviously really problematic as it require numerous repaints in detailed parts of a picture.

is this a known topic?

I vaguely remember seeing this mentioned in the forum some time ago. I’m seeing the same problem, the brush overlap is larger than the selected size, and it’s driving me crazy when trying to clean up a mask. It doesn’t happen in Remask 5.

1 Like

If you are a laptop like me, you may have dual graphics cards.
Please try to disable one of them through the device manager. It may solve your problem.

If the above can indeed enter remask ai, then it is recommended that you use intel hd graphic driver as a non-DCH version.

My issue is in my desktop.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on this. We’ve addressed the new issues with the brush size in Mask v1.3.7, and fixed some crashes.

Will continue to dig into more issues with crashes for the next version. Thanks everyone and we really appreciate you sharing the issues you run into.