Mask AI not computing the edges

I’ve been using Mask AI for a couple of years and it’s one of my favorite Topaz products. After some time away from photo editing, I needed to remove the background of a photo this week again but Mask AI is not working as usual. The edges (blue mark) are not computed, they’re basically preserved. One can clearly see the blue trace. I tried changing the edges settings, reinstalling the application, installing an older version (1.3.5. instead of 1.3.9) but nothing helps. I tried different pictures, including the ones from the tutorial and all get the same weird effect.
Any ideas? I can upload a screenshot… if I learn how. :slight_smile:

You should include the technical environment you are using. Go to the Help menu and select Graphics info., press Copy and paste here.

Note also, on Windows 11 I don’t see what you describe:

Thanks for the reply. Please, find the graphics information below. I’m still using Win10 and MaskAI used to work well. As I said, I loved it and I was surprised when I started to get these results. Is there a way I can post a screenshot to help you see the issue? I tried the “upload” function but got an error message saying I cannot upload media files to the post.

Application & Version: Topaz Mask AI Version 1.3.9
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 496.76
CPU RAM: 32686 MB
Video RAM: 10240 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Try updating your driver for the GPU, I believe to he latest version is 510…

I updated the GPU driver to version 512.15, released yesterday. Same problem. It’s also worth mentioning that it took and continues to take over 10-15 minutes to finish the wrong “Compute” operation, although I have a pretty decent computer (i9900K overclocked to 4.7GHz + RTX 3080). Nothing of this was a problem just a few months ago, it used to work well and not take long.

If nobody else is complaining about this, then I assume something is wrong with my setup, but I wonder what. Everything else (e.g. DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, Gigapixel AI, etc.) is working well and fast, as usual.

All I can suggest now is to raise a support request at the main website and see if they can help.