Lightroom Classic plug-in exports damaged file to LR

If I modify a photo in Lightroom Classic, including changing its profile to a black & white profile, then Right-click the photo and “Edit In” PhotoAI, when it saves the .tif file back into Lightroom Classic, I get a message “The file appears to be unsupported or damaged.” This behavior has persisted through the last one or two updates of PhotoAI, which currently is v. 2.3.0. My LR Classic is 13.0 Release, and Camera Raw is 16.1. The problem only seems to occur in photos that have been changed to a black and white profile, and persisted after closing LR and PhotoAI and starting over. If I use DeNoise AI or Sharpen AI instead, I have no issue.

DxDiag Feb 2.txt (94.5 KB)

2024-02-02-15-22-3.tzlog (33.0 KB)
2024-02-01-21-16-33.tzlog (99.9 KB)
lastSessionFiles.txt (65 Bytes)
2024-02-01-17-55-51.tzlog (244.6 KB)

Let’s try to reset your Lightroom plugin to try and get it working for you. You can follow the directions below to reset your Lightroom plugin:

1. Close Lightroom fully.
  2. Run the Topaz Photo AI installer again. Get a new one from the downloads page: Topaz Labs Downloads
  3. Open Lightroom and check the File > Plug-ins Extras again.

Let me know if those steps get it working again.

I will get to this, but for now, I have gone back to Sharpen AI and DeNoise AI instead, as I get better results at least half the time, and otherwise comparable results. Photo AI often creates patches of noticeable sharpening artifact, in areas where the original image is noisy, that I can’t eliminate by adjusting the amount of either noise reduction or sharpening. I infer that Photo AI has a way to go to catch up with all the fine tuning the older programs have had.

Here is an unrelated critique. In Sharpen AI and DeNoise AI, once I use one model, I can try other models on the same image and then quickly go back and forth between models to compare; the program remembers the preview of what it has done with each model, as long as I don’t move within the image. In Photo AI, however, every time I change models, without moving the image, the program has to rebuild the preview from scratch, which is time consuming. I can compare a model result to the original but not to another model’s result without the delay. One more reason to use the older software.

I appreciate your reply, John.

Jerry

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.